Traded my EC401VF for a Dean Vendetta 4F. Sound like a reasonable trade given the specs? What I was wondering is the finish ("classic white") seems plastic. Is it, or if not, then what is it actually made of? Don't get me wrong, the thing's $700 brand new, MSRP at $1000, so I'm sure its well-built. Also, what's the best way to make the guitar last? And how long should it last without being dropped, etc. IE nature wear only, not me damaging it accidentally. What's a good way to keep it all in good working order for a long time (as far as the floyd, locking nut, etc.) Sorry, just really wanna keep this baby in great shape for a long time.

Dean Specs

EC Specs

So yeah, decent trade? Also, answers to the above questions, or just explaining how you maintain your guitars are all appreciated as well
Last edited by kodihook at Jun 17, 2011,
lol no its not a plastic finish. im pretty sure its a polyester finish. guitars can last you for many decades if you dont abuse them. dont be careless and just make sure its never over exposed to extreme humidity and temperature conditions and it should be fine for a long time. electronics you can always replace also.

it looks like a pretty fair trade based on the specs, if u can you should try out the guitar before you trade and see how it plays and feels to you

EDIT: i just realized u already traded so nevermind what i said about trying it out cuz u already hav it.
Last edited by ampoverload at Jun 17, 2011,
i hate to bring you the bad news, but i think you got the short end of the stick there.

but as long as you are happy that is all that matters.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Also, how hard can you lay in to a floyd and expect it to last a while? I'm skiddish about smashing it or even roughly bouncing it cause it seems like a string or something else would break lol
I'm just worried about breaking shit XD also my floyd doesn't bend up only down, is that usual for them?
Quote by kodihook
I'm just worried about breaking shit XD also my floyd doesn't bend up only down, is that usual for them?

I'm guessing the floyd rose in that guitar is a non floating, like the one eddie van halen uses, so it's normal
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by andras67
I'm guessing the floyd rose in that guitar is a non floating, like the one eddie van halen uses, so it's normal

Look at the picture of it. It's recessed. It should go both ways.

Off to the Floyd setup thread with you!
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Dont buy a guitar made of plastic derp
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Cherry Sunburst
Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB anf SH-2 Jazz
Marshall 100w
I only know of one actual guitar that's made of plastic, and that's a 60 dollar kiddie guitar.
My friend got one for his birthday as a joke - he immediately went Pete Townshend on it.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by PsiGuy60
I only know of one actual guitar that's made of plastic, and that's a 60 dollar kiddie guitar.
My friend got one for his birthday as a joke - he immediately went Pete Townshend on it.

All I can say is it's pretty clear you either don't know what plastic is?
Acrylic (a type of plastic) guitars have been around for years.
Maybe you've led a very sheltered life and never seen one?

Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Willowthewitch
All I can say is it's pretty clear you either don't know what plastic is?
Acrylic (a type of plastic) guitars have been around for years.
Maybe you've led a very sheltered life and never seen one?

*acrylic guitars*

I just don't count acrylic as being "plastic" when you're talking about a "plastic" guitar.
I know acrylic is a plastic. I make a point of distinguishing it from other plastics because it's the only material other than wood that makes for a decent guitar (may be wrong there).

Plus, most guitars like that have to be custom-made and cost ridiculously much - I doubt anyone in their right mind would trade it for an LTD.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Jun 17, 2011,
Most production acrylic guitars aren't really expensive. The Ampeg Dan Armstrongs can get pretty pricey depending on the model though.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Most production acrylic guitars aren't really expensive. The Ampeg Dan Armstrongs can get pretty pricey depending on the model though.

All of the acrylic guitars I found were 3000 euros or more. I may be looking in the wrong places though.

PS. I love how the conversation got from "plastic finish on wood" to "acrylic guitars".

EDIT: I found acrylic guitars under 1000 dollars now. Only problem is it's on a website notorious for selling guitars that are either crap or illegal to import (ie fake)
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Jun 17, 2011,
Quote by consecutive e

They arent expensive but theyre heavier than hell. my friend has one and it probly weighs 20 pounds or more
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?