About a year ago, I purchased my 6505+ and I loved it.
I still do love it.
But lately it's been sounding much to fizzy for my taste.
I've been playing my gigs and practice sessions on the clean channel with the "crunch" engaged for more push and its been working really well.
But in doing so, that completely eliminates any possible clean tone from the amp.
I'd like to be able to use the actually "lead" channel, but its just has too much sizzle.

Are there any tricks to EQ-ing my head to suit my desire for like tone fizz, or am I need for a new amp?

If you're going to bash Peavey or the 6505's please just get off. haha.
I have a Boss EQ pedal that is on a lot of the time, but whether its on or off I still get undesirable tones. haha. Wouldn't getting new tubes cost me a re-bias sort of thing?
Do the bias mod on it. It will make a HUGE difference in taming the bees
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Do the bias mod on it. It will make a HUGE difference in taming the bees

MClaw, what exactly does the bias mod do? Give us an adjustable bias pot on the back of the amp?

If so, that sounds a tad dodgy if someone were to give it a bump and set my tubes on fire.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Try a BBE Sonic Stomp pedal. It will make a world of difference.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Mopy
MClaw, what exactly does the bias mod do? Give us an adjustable bias pot on the back of the amp?

If so, that sounds a tad dodgy if someone were to give it a bump and set my tubes on fire.

Well, since the 6505+ already has an adjustable bias, it gives you a sweep on the pot that's actually useful. Those amps are biased REALLY cold from the factory, and have a lot of nasty cross-over distortion. The bias mod allows you to get the tubes running at the correct voltage and really warms the amp up.

...it also made my 5150 have even MORE gain (seriously, I used to set gain around 7 before, at the max, now it's at 4)
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com