Quote by Michaelzero21
i couldnt figure out how to work the damned image inserter lol

u can go to tinypic.com and do a upload with out logging in or signing up and then copy the direct link and put in the image inserter.

and what the hell did u do to your guitar?
it rolled out of my friends car when unloading our gear for practice. shes my baby. what do you think? should i finish the job and get a new one?
looks bad....

how much did the guitar cost? if not much, then yeah, dont worry about it.
---
Hey.. as long as it plays..

It ain't that bad imo. Most of the peeps who watch you play probably wont notice.
Its Lmt Ed black. lol Custom. 500$ or 400$ i got it 3 years ago. i forget. if i leave it b it will eventually just collapse.
I know its a epiphone. but this guitar has always been with me. it held me together during 2 very painful heartaches and many many lost friendships and family members. to yall it might be insane. but this guitar is like my girl lol ya know? not in a creepy kinda way. but in a "shes always there for me" kinda way. shes means so much.
It's not that bad - chances are a good luthier would be able to fix the crack and refinish that part. It'd be cheaper than getting a new guitar, and if she has looked after you and kept you going through so much as you've said, then do right by your guitar and get it looked at!

The worst they can say is "Dude, it'll cost about $300 in labour to sand down the finish, apply some glue, reseat that part of the soundboard and refinish which is more than the guitar is worth". Getting it looked at for a quote is not a big deal and is definitely recommended.

EDIT: I was watching a terminal screen while writing this originally, which is no excuse; in any case, I totally apologise for the grammar fail in the above paragraph
Last edited by beab at Jun 17, 2011,
i'd say get it fixed since you said it was 500 or 400 bones, it doesn't look horrible, just cracked a bit. And like Beab said, getting a quote isn't ever a bad idea, it'll give you the idea of how much it's going to cost.
  • Beer
  • Friends
  • Producing and Recording
  • Sitcoms
  • Eastern Kentucky University
  • Dead Fret

My ambition is handicapped by laziness
To me it looks like the finish is just cracked, which means just that. Structurally the guitar should still be in rather good condition. You could get it fixed, but when you start refinishing it has the potential to change the tone of the guitar. (At least this is what I've been told)

There are tons of rather old Gibson that have cracked finishes that I have seen. They still sound and play great. A loocal legend in my area has a John Lennon Epi acoustic with a large crack down the center of the guitar, just the finish is cracked of course. He still takes it out to three day long festivals and bangs around on it just fine.

I would get it looked at to determine if it is just the finish, as it appears to be, or if its the wood itself. If the wood is fine, and the bracing wasn't damage in the drop, then you really don't have to do anything at all beyond that.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
You can probably still play it like that. Heck, Willie Nelson's guitar has a huge hole in the front.
It is probably still playable. Probably should get it repaired though.
I'd replace it being that it's an Epi. Don't have to throw it away though, you could hang that beauty on the wall!
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Quote by Michaelzero21
I know its a epiphone. but this guitar has always been with me. it held me together during 2 very painful heartaches and many many lost friendships and family members. to yall it might be insane. but this guitar is like my girl lol ya know? not in a creepy kinda way. but in a "shes always there for me" kinda way. shes means so much.

I have a question...well actually more of a statement... You say this guitar has always been with you through tough times so technically she never left you when you were partially "broken"... So why you thinking of leaving her??
Go to repair & build forum under "cyanoacrylate for repair crack". I have a similar crack in the same place but less severe. It all depends how good you want it to look whether you should take it to a luthier or fix it yourself. I am going to fix mine myself. I am pretty sure I will go with a syringe as my crack is finer than yours. A pipette is suggested in one of the posts which maybe the way to go for you. If the guitar is black as it appears, you can take an indelible felt tip pen to cover the exposed wood so it doesn't stand out. Just a thought.
It seems like you love it to death, so maybe go ahead and repair it. Otherwise you'll just feel bad about having never done it. Lol. If the cost of repair is greater than the cost of the piece, ditch the idea though.

I had an old teacher with a full length crack in his after someone sat on it, and he still played it all the time. Said he loved it regardless and it added character. Haha. In the long run it might make a difference, but by then, maybe you'll be ready to retire her into a wall ornament.
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."