I just had about three orgasms watching the demo. Who has it? Is there a reason not to buy it, like TODAY
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
a fairly good reason not to buy it would be the fact that it makes the most horrible sound ever
Quote by teh_goon
a fairly good reason not to buy it would be the fact that it makes the most horrible sound ever

Haha subjective but my girlfriend would defiently agree with you my she has a shock coming tuesday when *hopefully* a WMD Geiger Counter will be dropping through the letter box...
What does it actually do? Are there any good examples of the effect being used in a song?
Quote by LutRes
What does it actually do? Are there any good examples of the effect being used in a song?

I didn't know much about ring mods until my buddy picked up a Black Cat Ring Mod for $100 at a pawn shop and flipped it for a $300 BIN on eBay. Before sending it out we had a jam in my living room. You can hear it in the clips Black Cat Boogie (starting @ 2:14) and Black Cat Revisited (starting @ 2:35) in my profile. The Black Cat has an expression pedal jack that controls the mod freq (I think) and he used that in the clip. My friend Jeff is playing the cool licks and I'll filling in with the rhythm.

Apparently Jeff Beck uses one every now and then. Although Beck gets a Ring Mod type sound from flicking the whammy bar a lot.
Last edited by fly135 at Jun 17, 2011,
I've never really understood what a ringmod does. Does it just harmonize dissonantly?
Honk
Quote by Mukersman
I've never really understood what a ringmod does. Does it just harmonize dissonantly?
Sort of. When you multiple two signals it produces two more signals of a freq that is the sum and difference of the multiplied signals.

For example you multiple a 1Khz signal with a 3Khz signal you will get another two signals of 4Khz and 2Khz. There's more to it than that, but basically a simple explanation.
Last edited by fly135 at Jun 17, 2011,
So does that mean the effect will have different sounds on different frequencies?
Honk
isn't a ring modulator meant to be used on paranoid? also they use them on doctor who for the voices of daleks apparantly
Quote by Mukersman
So does that mean the effect will have different sounds on different frequencies?
Yes.
Quote by LutRes

Will be soon. Just opened my box and first impressions are looking goooood.

For those wondering what it does, ring thing demo here . It's official EHX video but it shows the more musical side of the Ring Thing. Youtube has other clips of more extreme uses.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73