Page 1 of 2
I really don't see you being upset with the 6505+ I have the original 5150 and it's basically the same amp but the 6505+ will give you a better clean channel, and you can always throw a chorus pedal on it.
I dont like fiddling with pedals..
I tested a normal head model, and really hated the cleans ( it was kinda the same as my zoom )
And i hated the crunch, wasnt good imo
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
All i know is you dont want to be using a stagg 15 watt practice amp as a power amp. So get that idea out your head...
NOW! lol
Also if cleans are important get the 6262 out the running
(no matter what the bugera militia says)

The benton cab is a good starting point for a metal high gain rig though.
Quote by coolstoryangus
All i know is you dont want to be using a stagg 15 watt practice amp as a power amp. So get that idea out your head...
NOW! lol
Also if cleans are important get the 6262 out the running
(no matter what the bugera militia says)

The benton cab is a good starting point for a metal high gain rig though.

Thanks
Is the crunch good too?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
I'd go for the 333XL, if it's anything like the Peavey XXX, of which it's a clone/copy/whatever. A little brighter than the 6505, and well, nicer.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
I'd go for the 333XL, if it's anything like the Peavey XXX, of which it's a clone/copy/whatever. A little brighter than the 6505, and well, nicer.

Is the gain tight without any boost?
Afaik its better for thrash metal
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Well, a boost will make it tighter. But yes, i will do. I use an Ultra (which is the predecessor of the XXX) for melodic death metal. It depends more on what sound you want, than what genre. In Flames use (or used) the 6505, while Opeth used JCMs and now use Laneys (and those are closer to the XXX than the 6505, but yeah, not the same sound). Both are melodic death metal. So if I were in your shoes, I'd buy the 333XL, because I prefer that sound.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
what's more important- brootz or the mid gain crunch?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Brootz, i really miss the body of the distortion on my zoom device

But in the music i make i need a good crunch tone

The vypyr tube can do it good enough?

I really dont like loose amps
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
dunno i haven't tried the vypyrs

i was gonna say maybe a traynor ycv50b from thomann if the crunch tones and cleans were more important.

maybe a 6505+ 112 or bugera if the higher gain tones are more important?

I haven't tried the bugeras, though, and only the american-made 6505s. and i've only tried the ycv40 and 20.

lot of help i am
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I use an ultra plus and IMO it doesnt need a boost so i'd imagine an xxx based amp would be similar i guess.

I found mine for half the price of a new bugera too
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jun 17, 2011,
Agnus: a xxx halfstack goes here for 1k euro

I think i have to wait for 311 or smth like that x)
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
for what youre saying, id go for the 6505+. it is without a doubt the heaviest amp ive ever played. it is one of the cheapest and brutal-est thing ever.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
The Vypyr Tube will give you the brootz you need, the crunch and the cleans better than anything else on the list. The crunch may be a bit lacking though, compared to an amp that was built for crunch.

But when you want it all and have a small budget, something's gotta give somewhere.

The 333 might do what you want, but it's not brootz in the same way the 6505 is.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The Vypyr Tube will give you the brootz you need, the crunch and the cleans better than anything else on the list. The crunch may be a bit lacking though, compared to an amp that was built for crunch.

But when you want it all and have a small budget, something's gotta give somewhere.

The 333 might do what you want, but it's not brootz in the same way the 6505 is.

I dont need a amp on the list, those are just the amps i looked at
And i dont really need the best crunch, i just need something decent
Everything is better than my zoom xD
I dont really need 6505-brootz, just a good tight tone

Again: thanks everyone, but still need coments please
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
i think you should try some egnaters.

are there any near your budget over there?

they rebel and 30 excel at hard rock so depending on what you think metulz. worth checking out.

also, no jet city 50 watt option over there? i agree a used ultra plus would a good score for cheap.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yeah thomann sells jet city. probably out of his range to travel, but they deliver to most of europe, so it's an option.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The egnater rebel 20 is 580 euro
Jet city 50w is around 800
Used prices are soo bad here

Seems i have to save a little more...
Or i have to drop the idea of crunch and get a 6262 or 333xl

Used xxx / ultra is 700 euro +-

333xl is like the xxx and ultra, right?

Thanks for your help all
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
The 333XL is a clone of the JSX, and the 333 is the XXX clone. I have the 333 head and I think it is great especialy for the price. I'd go with the 333XL in your case, the cleans are pretty good and the gain is more than enough for anyone. I play Punk/Hardcore/Metal/Blues/Classic Rock and my 333 will cover it all with style. They have FX loops that are foot switchable, or act as a boost if you don't use FX's, and actualy sound good!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks a lot
So you are saying that the 333xl is a bit darker than the 333?

How much extra will the infinium series be?

I would love running it with el34's and l6l's
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
sorry i have to bump, but the questions i asked weren't answered.
Maybe they're anwered in some hours

Again: Thanks

PS: is a ENGL E530 preamp + Mesa Boogie 50/50 a good set?
and how's the ENGL standard 412 cabinet? ( going for cheap now )
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Sorry, did I just read that you thought that the 6505+ wasn't good for melodeath?
That controversial statement aside, the bugera 333xl is pretty good for what you're asking. The infinium is £50 extra, so it won't be too much. If you can try and get a second hand Marshall tsl/dsl one that would be good too.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Wouter: thanks for the imput

dtMaiden: i don't think i said that.

the question now: is the bugera 333xl darker voiced than the bugera 333
because the 333xl is based on the JSX and the 333 on the XXX
and the JSX is darker voiced than the XXX

EDIT: is it worth getting the Reverb version instead of the "normal" version ( with presence knob ) or is the "normal" version better?

EDIT EDIT: how much will the zoom9150 + footswitch be? around €50,- ? or less?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Jun 23, 2011,
i can't say if one version of the Ultra/xxx/jsx/333/333xl is "darker" than the other.

it never seemed that way to me. generally speaking, those are nice enough sounding amps for the money if you want a super high gain budget range amp.

the question is, are you OK with the occasional ribbing and planned escape route jokes?

IMO, the bugeras have a place in the market. don't expect perfection, but they do have decent tone for the $.

i'd go with a used XXX or JSX, but that's not as easy an option for you.

make sure your local guitar stores know what you are looking for. that way if someone trades in an amp you're interested in, they call you to come check it out.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Tunder250
How much extra will the infinium series be?

I think the Infinium is essentially just an electronic circuit that will monitor and run the plate voltages extremely starved. Its not carte blanche for you to plonk every kind of power tube in there.

From what I see... it just ensures that your toobs will last longer, but plonking in a 6V6, a 6L6, an el84 and a KT88 will probably cause the Bugera to go catastrophic earlier than it would otherwise.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
gregs: no, the JSX and XXX / Ultra isn't really a option here

Kitty: i don't really understand things but i assume it's about different types of preamp-tubes?
i don't think i have the money for other tubes, so i just wanna stick with the stock tubes

I just looked on Musicstore.de and thomann.de and the bugera 333(XL) and 626(0/2) heads are gone

I think i HAVE to but the infinium one...

or a used one, but i don't think i wanna take that risk from a bugera...

about the subway rocket: "normal" one or reverb version?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Tunder250
gregs: no, the JSX and XXX / Ultra isn't really a option here

Kitty: i don't really understand things but i assume it's about different types of preamp-tubes?
i don't think i have the money for other tubes, so i just wanna stick with the stock tubes

I just looked on Musicstore.de and thomann.de and the bugera 333(XL) and 626(0/2) heads are gone

I think i HAVE to but the infinium one...

I think you need to do more research on tube amps before you go out and buy one.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
I do know some things about tube amps ( all i know is learned from here, in the 'wtf are tube amps'-threads

I just dont know why a little tube can have soo much difference in the sound..
Quote by Tunder250
I do know some things about tube amps ( all i know is learned from here, in the 'wtf are tube amps'-threads

I just dont know why a little tube can have soo much difference in the sound..

Dude, I'm making reference to the fact that you called 6L6, 6V6, EL84 and KT88 preamp tubes. They're power tubes.

I'm pointing this out because you said this:

Quote by Tunder250

I might be wrong, but from what I read, the Infinium may not be anything like the Orange Divo which will allow you to plonk different power tubes or mismatched power tube, and the computer will pick up the slack.

Also, tubes don't make HUGE difference in the amp's sound... here's how I think of the impact of tubes on an amp's tone. From my blog....

Alright, we all know that preamp and power tubes will give a different character to your amp. However, what many do not know is that changes in the amp's tonal character due to a tube change is subtle at best.

To expound on this idea, think of an amp like a cake, and its vacuum tubes as icing.

If you get a chocolate amp, it will always taste like a chocolate amp. If you get a vanilla amp, it will always taste like a vanilla amp. Changing your icing flavour is not gonna change your chocolate amp into a swiss roll.

However, if you get fresh cream tubes, it will give a slight subtle change in taste to your vanilla amp, than if you used butter cream tubes. The taste of your amp will always be a vanilla amp, however, the fresh cream will be lighter, and the butter cream will be smoother.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
sorry

I understand it.

Thanks for explaining
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Tunder250
sorry

I understand it.

Thanks for explaining

No, just pointing out that you might need to do more research so you know what you're getting into when you buy the amp.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
I will do that

I am doing that since i was here, learning about amps and guitars

Back to the thread:

What version will be better: the 'normal' one or the reverb version of the subway rocket?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Bump :/
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Be aware that the subway rocket has a parallel FX loop, which isn't always the best approach to a FX loop, so if you do get it, you might want to mod it to a serial FX loop.

Also, unless you absolutely want the reverb, I'd rather get one where you can control your presence. In the worst case, you can always just get a reverb pedal to handle the reverb.

Just note that teh Subway Rocket is not a brootal amp.

is the ENGL E530 preamp + Mesa Boogie 50/50 still available? I know the 530 can do rock easily... not sure about metal.

Also while an ENGL cab on the cheaps is good, you shouldn't pick up a cab unless you already have a head, or know that you are only going for heads.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Be aware that the subway rocket has a parallel FX loop, which isn't always the best approach to a FX loop, so if you do get it, you might want to mod it to a serial FX loop.

Also, unless you absolutely want the reverb, I'd rather get one where you can control your presence. In the worst case, you can always just get a reverb pedal to handle the reverb.

Just note that teh Subway Rocket is not a brootal amp.

is the ENGL E530 preamp + Mesa Boogie 50/50 still available? I know the 530 can do rock easily... not sure about metal.

Also while an ENGL cab on the cheaps is good, you shouldn't pick up a cab unless you already have a head, or know that you are only going for heads.

I don't really mind a paralel FX loop, cuz i don't have any pedals
I never use the reverb effect on my zoom device, so i think i won't miss it

I know it's not a brootal amp, watched the youtube video's a bit

the only thing i am afraid of, is that it hasn't enough body ( also the clean )

The ENGL + 50/50 is gone
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by Tunder250
I don't really mind a paralel FX loop, cuz i don't have any pedals
I never use the reverb effect on my zoom device, so i think i won't miss it

I know it's not a brootal amp, watched the youtube video's a bit

the only thing i am afraid of, is that it hasn't enough body ( also the clean )

The ENGL + 50/50 is gone

Sadly enough, I missed that post, or I'd have told you to jump on the ENGL like a horny hooker on a John.

When you say... not enough body... what are you referring to? Bass? Mids? Low-mids? Presence? There're a lot of "definitions" of body.

If you can consider a Subway rocket... can't you consider a Lonestar?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Sadly enough, I missed that post, or I'd have told you to jump on the ENGL like a horny hooker on a John.

When you say... not enough body... what are you referring to? Bass? Mids? Low-mids? Presence? There're a lot of "definitions" of body.

If you can consider a Subway rocket... can't you consider a Lonestar?

With body i mean the amount of sound

I mean like i can't get a oumph out of the amp, it feels and sounds really empty

I want it to sound more lively and full, not empty like it does now

The lonestar is really out of budget! ( 1500 euro )
I am talking about the Subway Rocket 20W 1x10 combo ( 500-600 euro )

I hope you understand
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Jun 25, 2011,
Page 1 of 2