Anyone using this yet? It's like a chatroom where up to 5 DJs play any type of music (you can either upload or choose from their library). People like it and vote it up, you get points. The catch is you have to be friends with someone on Facebook who is already using it.

I decided to make a UG room for those who are able to get in - http://turntable.fm/ug_ftw
Just found out about turntable.fm two days ago and I'm loving it.

My buddy found two really good uses for it outside of the "gimmicky cool networking with music" novelty of it:

1. Uploading stuff you're working on so that your friends and other musicians you know can discuss it in real time while listening to it together--kind of like a real time version of the comments you'd get posting something on soundcloud

2. setting up local or regional rooms where people can share and find music just from your area--I'm hunting for bands that I can actually just drive an hour to go see and it's a lot easier just to find out what other people in my area are listening to.

Of course sharing a room with other UGers is also a great idea, let's get some people in there!
I made a thread about this yesterday but everyone was like 'loladvertising' so I deleted it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
If you want an invite from it, the answer is "trick question, Lemmy is god"
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by TheReverend724
Only people in the US can use it now

Anyway, get in here!
Man, I was using this the other day with that guy from Spiralmountain! Now I can't use it anymore.
in general it seems like an interesting concept.

signed up for an invite because i don't want to reactivate facebook.
We're very sorry, but while we would love to let you in and rock out with us, we need to currently restrict turntable access to only the United States due to licensing constraints. We are working very hard to try and get you in as soon as possible. If you believe this is a mistake and you are located in the United States, please e-mail help [at sign] turntable dot fm Again, sorry, and we hope to see you soon. Billy Chasen CEO

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by uhh_me?
in general it seems like an interesting concept.

At first glance, it seemed kind of gimmicky to me, but now that I'm spending a little time with it, it really does seem like a better way to discover new music in a specific genre or region than hunting through band pages, blogs, and forums.

My buddy made a room just for music from the state I live in, and it's really neat to go in there and hear all these nearby bands that I've never run into before.
Quote by shaggydogJV
If you want an invite from it, the answer is "trick question, Lemmy is god"

I love that movie with an intensity.
you're a stone fox