There are plenty of kinds of metal out there and I just want to know what is your favourite?

Mine's probably metalcore, folk metal, heavy metal or some kinds of rap metal.
Progressive Metal.
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I can't really put it down to one..hmmm.

Progressive Metal: Ayreon, Seventh Wonder, Evergrey, Mutiny Within, Opeth, Noumena, Into Eternity, In Mourning, Dissilusion, Cynic.
Melodic Death Metal(both types mind you):In Flames, Vehemence, Dark Tranquillity, Quo Vadis, Scar Symmetry, Soilwork, Dismember, Carcass, (older) Sentenced, Universum, Unmoored, Miseration, Torchbearer, Archons, The Absence, Arsis.
Metalcore(as in not Converge or Botch or Attack attack or Asking Alexandria):Trivium, Shadows Fall, Demon Hunter, Unearth, Becoming The Archetype, Protest The Hero, Sikth, The Human Abstract, Between The Buried And Me, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage.
The original heavy metal... Long Live Budgie
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
teh brootal kind bro!!!!
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
My preffered genre of choice is Epic post new age neo prog pagan funeral emo thrash meets folkly doom influenced atmospheric melodic blackened pop punky power metal of death, with nod's to hip hop styled sea shanties fued with technical ambient shoegaze soundscapes.
well this should be interesting...

to answer the question folk metal, but real folk metal (not that generic stuff on Nuclear Blast where you have 10 people that all play the same part on different instruments and the guitar riffs are just the most generic heavy metal power chord riffs ever and mediocre drumming that never varies ever and there is no atmosphere and no good melodies and the songs are all the same for the most part and the lyrics are boring and increative, which is probably the kind that TS likes).

and funeral doom.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Thrash Metal, Death Metal, and anything Technical. I can't stand metalcore, nu metal or "rap metal".
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Sea Shanties.

Nice, I love Sea Shanties.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Quote by theogonia777
well this should be interesting...

to answer the question folk metal, but real folk metal (not that generic stuff on Nuclear Blast where you have 10 people that all play the same part on different instruments and the guitar riffs are just the most generic heavy metal power chord riffs ever and mediocre drumming that never varies ever and there is no atmosphere and no good melodies and the songs are all the same for the most part and the lyrics are boring and increative, which is probably the kind that TS likes).

A man after my own heart

What's a couple of your favourites? (I'd recommend finding/posting in the folk metal thread to answer, as I feel this threads days are numbered )

Quote by mattkendell
Nice, I love Sea Shanties.

Who doesn't?
Progressive metal is where its at but Djent is pretty damn good rising genre, its also not saturated with crap like all of the 'core' sub-genres
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Who doesn't?

Fred Durst
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Heavy Metal/Classic Metal. The only real Metal.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
My preffered genre of choice is Epic post new age neo prog pagan funeral emo thrash meets folkly doom influenced atmospheric melodic blackened pop punky power metal of death, with nod's to hip hop styled sea shanties fued with technical ambient shoegaze soundscapes.

I think you just described Nekrogoblikon.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Black and Doom
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by ProgFripp74
Djent not saturated with crap

Look again dear.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Great posts

Great posts
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.