Hey guys, first post here, so be as rude as you want, ha! JK

Here's my question - I have 9 pedals that I hook up in a certain order, which is the following:

Boss chromatic tuner<>Keeley Katana<>Keeley 4 knob compressor<>Keeley modded TS9<>[there will be a Paul Cochrane Timmy pedal here, but currently]Keeley Fuzz Head<>Dunlop Univibe<>Dimebag wah pedal<>Electro-Harmonix Microsynth<>Line6 DL4<>my current amp, which is a 1975 Fender Super Reverb

I am satisfied with that line up, but I was told that the wah pedal should be the very last thing running to my amp. Is this true?

And if there are any experts, whether self appointed or otherwise, what would you recommend?

Your help is definitely appreciated!
completely depends on what you prefer with wah, if you want to distort the wah put wah behind an overdrive/distortion pedal, if you want the wah to cut through more over the dirt put it in front of it. I usually have my set up kinda like tuner > wah/rotovibe > overdrive/fuzz etc sounds like a weird place to put a wah right at the end of the chain though, never heard of that before myself
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
@qotsakyuss - See, I felt it was a bit strange myself. If y'all don't know, the Dimebag wah has a boost on it, so I figured if I really wanted to kick it up, I'd probably just put it towards the end but not the very last pedal in the line up.

@gs lead 5 - Doesn't the place where I have the wah and uni vibe mean they are in the FX loop?
Best thing to do is literally just try it in different places on the board and decide what you like the sound of best 'cos it's quite subjective for something like that, delays and reverbs usually always goes at the end though unless you do have an fx loop which i do not haha my next amp will hopefully :p
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Yeah, that's what I was going to do. I just figured that somebody might know a reason why. The guy who originally told me it was supposed to be at the end said it was so that all of the effects would be on top of the wah, I suppose he meant that they're coming through the signal and would be effected. To me, that doesn't make any sense because regardless, the tone/other effects should be effected, regardless of wah placement. But, I'm not an expert on this.
it deffo should be before or just after overdrives really, anywhere else makes little sense to me from my experience, all depends on how you want to colour your tone, full on wah or subtle wah.
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Well that confirms pretty much what I was hoping to hear, since I do have it just after the Fuzz Head, and before the uni-vibe. Thanks!
i was under the impression that wahs were generally meant to be first (and the usual rule applies, which is that there aren't really any rules, if you like how it sounds in a certain position, go with that).

and yeah i don't think a super reverb has a loop. just put them at the end of the chain, as you're doing.

nice pedalboard, by the way
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TxGtrSlinger
@qotsakyuss - See, I felt it was a bit strange myself. If y'all don't know, the Dimebag wah has a boost on it, so I figured if I really wanted to kick it up, I'd probably just put it towards the end but not the very last pedal in the line up.

@gs lead 5 - Doesn't the place where I have the wah and uni vibe mean they are in the FX loop?

Um no. You said it goes into the amp, that means its before the amp input
Here's my take:

Boss chromatic tuner<>Keeley 4 knob compressor<>Keeley modded TS9<>[there will be a Paul Cochrane Timmy pedal here, but currently]Keeley Fuzz Head<>Dimebag wah pedal<>Keeley Katana<>Dunlop Univibe<>Electro-Harmonix Microsynth<>Line6 DL4<>my current amp, which is a 1975 Fender Super Reverb

Reasoning is that I like a wah after my OD/Fuzz, but that's not too common. Most would put it after the compressor. The compressor is first when I use one, because I don't want to compress the wah sound or a fuzz, since they are meant to be unruly for what I do...I also don't stack a compressor, so it technically could be a wild-card.

I don't think a SR has an effects loop built-in, so I've left everything in the chain. If you have an effects loop, then I'd move the DL4 and maybe the microsynth to the loop. Otherwise, they're fine running in the board chain.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo