Page 1 of 2
So after taking a break from building, i have gone back full force.

I have cut out these necks, and have enough wood for at least 7 bodies. i have enough for 8 more necks as well. Most will be explorers. I have 2 body blanks for les pauls, just have to find some decent top wood.

Last edited by Explorerbuilder at Jul 11, 2011,
You look as if you have got your mojo back big time, but watch that you don't get weighed down with too many projects on the go at one time.

Sharp tools to ya!
You might want to do something about that open grain on some of the wood, its usually a sign of wood drying out.

BTW this is the first post ever that I have stickied and I liked your Facebook page. I love these Explorers definitely Hetfield inspired! Cheers.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Wenge is such a awesome timber, looks great man

Chur
Are these puppies for sale, by any chance
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
honestly, i dont like explorers, but that looks fantastic!
i hate ovation headstocks, which that reminds me of, but again it looks great because it matches the body so well!
youve taken lots of things i dislike and made me like them, good work!
Quote by Explorerbuilder
I really dont know what any of that means.

normally i interpret american sign language to english, but ill give english to english a try

"are you going to make one with the "horns" cut off, like the one from 30 seconds to mars?"
How much do you normally sell an explorer for? Do you only do naturals or do you also do finished models (like a 1984 Alpine White)?
Quote by JAHellraiser
I would love one of your guitars, not an explorer, but a something. unfortunately I am completely broke.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.
Quote by JAHellraiser
If you were, to say, sell me a maple neck with maple fretboard with 22 frets, how much would that cost me? Your stuff is amazing man.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Haha, thanks guys. I am really happy with the way this one came out!
Jarrod,
Would it be for a pre made body?

If you mean like something I bought (A strat body) then yes. Although I'm tight on cash, I'll be getting more soon (hopefully). I would just really love to replace this crappy starcaster neck XD
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Explorerbuilder
It is for the pickup ring screws. Better to just drill holes to the right depth, instead of routing the whole cavity to that depth.
And jarrod, Sorry, but it would probably cost a lot more than you think. You could get a replacement neck a lot cheaper than what i could build you one for.

All well thanks anyways! Your stuff seems aweseom!
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Is there any way you could MS Paint a diagram showing where the pickup springs and screws go in relation to the route? I have a pair of Bare Knuckles that I am going to use with pickup rings. The whole pickup ring and actual pickup routing thing is confusing me, I think I just need a visual.
Page 1 of 2