hi, i have marshall avt150 combo(pease don't blame me for my amp ,ican't upgrade it)and i'm planning to buy some pedals.i want a thrash tone and a lead tone(boosting the amp over dirve)
i've planned to buy a boss ns2- a crybaby 535q and want to buy a hardwire tl2 for my thrash tone,but i don't know how to get a good lead tone
i'm buying from proguitarshop and i wanna buy around 400$ to gain free shipping. and i can buy one more pedal for my solo boost so any suggestions please for a pedal around 100$?also i have a boss ds2 will it help?i think i must buy one of these:a compressor(like dyna comp or custom comp from mxr) or an eq(mxr 10 band or 6 band) or an overdrive like bad monkey or tubescreamer or some thing else?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
upgrade the amp. the pedals will pretty much be a waste of money with that amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'm in iran and i had a BIGGG chance that i've found that used amp in the market and there is no others in here,hope you understood my situation perfectly and don't compare all other peoples' good living situation to our's,so any way to boost this piece of shit?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Last edited by james.hetfield at Jun 17, 2011,
ah

from my experience, it didn't really like being boosted (though i seem to remember from trying it that it liked a tubescreamer better than an sd1), so maybe try a pedal through the clean channel? just from what i remember, the sound would cut out and stuff if you tried to boost the od channels (though from what i can remember, it didn't do this as badly with a ts).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes i want to boost the overdrive channel,so i must go with a tube screameer or bad monkey instead of eq and compressor?thanks man
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Just use your GNX4's stomps to boost it. Make sure that your amp models are set to "direct" so you have no cabs or amp modeling, and use the stomp boxes. Your not going to get much by spending all that money on pedals.

Out of all that stuff you listed you'd probably only see an improvement with the 535Q wah. IIRC the GNX4 has a Sparkle Drive stomp that sounds pretty decent that you can adjust from clean to dirty boost.
get yourself a good distortion pedal and run it through the clean channel. hopefully you have the footswitch to change channels. if so then you can switch to the dirt channel. use that as your boost. run it fairly clean but with a little dirt and that will provide your lead sound. i'd recommend either an EH Metal Muff or a Digeteck Hardwire metal distortion.
Quote by james.hetfield
yes i want to boost the overdrive channel,so i must go with a tube screameer or bad monkey instead of eq and compressor?thanks man

yeah, but as i said, it doesn't really like being boosted.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You do realise that Dave just mentioned that the AVT doesn't like being boosted... so why are you going to try something that others have told you will sound bad?

Honestly, a solo boost doesn't mean that you MUST SOUND louder than the rest of the band. If your tone is already saturated to hell with gain, adding more volume only saturates your gain further, pushing you further back into the mix.

A solo boost should create the perception that you ARE louder than the rest of the band. Get something like an EQ to drive the mids up. When you boost mid frequencies it helps you sing "above and in front of the band", creating the perception that you're more prominent than the rest of the band.

However be careful that when you use an EQ, you'll also be increasing any background or white noise in the frequencies you are hiking up.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 18, 2011,
Quote by ragingkitty
You do realise that Dave just mentioned that the AVT doesn't like being boosted... so why are you going to try something that others have told you will sound bad?

because i think your bad is our excelent! here no one plays rock/metal music ecxept we 5 people and we listened no other tones, so i think if we go from a multieffect to some pedals we will have a better tone although a very small upgrade but we must listen to it no way,
i've searched the best markets in this country but didn't find any mesas peaveys,even used , and just a used avt so i must be happy,very happy
by the way i must mention that rock and metal music is banned in this country and we are playing just for ourselves so i ope you can see how we live

[QOUTE]get yourself a good distortion pedal and run it through the clean channel. hopefully you have the footswitch to change channels. if so then you can switch to the dirt channel. use that as your boost. run it fairly clean but with a little dirt and that will provide your lead sound. i'd recommend either an EH Metal Muff or a Digeteck Hardwire metal distortion.[/QOUTE]
yes i have the footswith and also i have a ds2 , i use the ds2 but there were alot of noise and i'm planning to buy a boss ns2
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Last edited by james.hetfield at Jun 18, 2011,