(Sorry if this is the wrong place.)

I recently just purchased a mixing board at Guitar Center, the Alesis iO2 Express, so I can record my guitar and vocals directly into a computer. I'm extremely new to this recording stuff and I didn't want anything fancy or complicated. However, when I record onto my software (Sony Vegas 9 or Audacity) using the Alesis iO2 Express, everything I record comes out about two semi-tones lower than I recorded it. Does anyone have any experience with the Alesis iO2 Express or any experience with this problem specifically that can help me out? Thanks!

Attached is a photo of the Alesis iO2 Express.
Attachments:
alesis io2.jpg
Sample rate mismatch. If you have your interface, for instance, set at 44.1 khz and your recording software at 48 khz, you will get what you described. And about 2 semitones sounds about right.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Sample rate mismatch. If you have your interface, for instance, set at 44.1 khz and your recording software at 48 khz, you will get what you described. And about 2 semitones sounds about right.

CT

This indeed.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Got it, it was a sample rate issue with the Asio driver I was running it through. Thank you guys!