Well, the title explains most of it. I'm looking for an amp that has a 12" speaker and can play in an open space with a band in front of about 300 people (school shows). I find myself listening mainly to Alt., Post-Grunge, and Punk, but also like a good deal of blues and classic rock. Jazz is good too. I don't care much for Metal, so if an amp isn't too great with Metal, I won't be unhappy. I'll also be getting an Epiphone Les Paul Studio or Standard, whichever I can get the best price for a used one. Budget for the amp is around $200-$300.

So have at it.
A Marshall MG30FX?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Used Peavey Classic 30 I just got one used for less than $300. I play the same genres as you and it sounds great for them.
I've heard demos for the MG30. Sounded pretty bad... I've also considered A Fender Mustang, best modeling amp I've seen, lots of effects. I've been doing my homework, so I know some stuff.
Quote by austin-person
Is the Classic 30 good for home use?

Sure is, but like any amp, it's not something you want to use in the dead of night. It'll cover your styles well. $300 is indeed the typical price for a used one.
I'll definately look for one. But in the case that I can't find one, what's another good one that can play well at home?
In that price range, the Fender Super Champ XD is a cool little amp... eventually not loud enough for playing in front of 300 people if you're playing with a drummer and the amp's not mic'd. But try one if you come across it anyway.
Vox Pathfinder 15 watt
Orange Crush Pix 35 watt

both are solid state though - and I think 10" speakers ?
Last edited by Tiger17 at Jun 17, 2011,
Quote by ChrisBW
Where are you located?

Tyler, Texas. It's about 90 miles East of Dallas. We have two places here called Mundt and Center Stage, but I guess I can head over to one of the Guitar Centers in the Dallas area if they don't have one here. At $350 though, it is pushing it. I'm already banking on finding a used Epiphone Les Paul for $200, then throw in prices for a gig bag, strings, etc.
If I want a really cheap way out, I found a Crate amp that's $100 and 15 watts, but it has a 12" speaker and a speaker-out. It sounds pretty good, but it's not my first choice.
ZT Lunchbox with a OCD pedal with 18v power cord for distortion.
Get a Tech 21 Boost Reverb and a 1x12 Tonkerlite later on. A 1x15 Jensen Neo could be nice also. It is better to do it right the first time, actually saves money.
Quote by ChrisBW

+1000

I wish I lived around there thats a pretty damn good deal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate