Getting fret buzz on my PRS.. the lower strings have buzzed for a while, so i went to set it up today. i brought the low e up, and got rid of the buzz no problem. the a i had to get pretty darn high (considerably more than the other strings) and it stilled buzzed.. i even bowed the neck a little more than where it was, its got two playing cards of clearance (about .020 inches, twice what PRS reccomends but i guess that a pretty minuscule detail) with a capo on the first fret, and me freting the strings at 22. do you think i need to get my seventh fret filed down or..?
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Fender Spalted Maple Tele
Squier Affinity Tele w.mods
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo + 212 Recto Cab
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
It seems odd that PRS would overlook a dodgy fret. The builder must of been shot when his superviser found out.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
the funny thing to me is that its only the A string that does it.. i dunno what to think
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Fender Spalted Maple Tele
Squier Affinity Tele w.mods
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo + 212 Recto Cab
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
One thing you could try easily is to take a straight edge and place it over the buzzing fret and the adjacent frets. If the straight edge rocks on the fret on the area where it buzzes (the A string), you've found the problem. If it's buzzing on the 7th fret, then either the 8th is sitting too high (more likely) or the 7th is sitting too low (less likely).

So in this case, if you did the test, the straight edge will probably be rocking on the 8th fret.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 18, 2011,