Hello everybody. So, after auditioning 4 drummers, and none of them being adequate i decided it's time to look for another solution. Basically, i intend do take my computer and the drum backing tracks for gigs and have someone pressing play. I'm rendering the audio with ezdrummer. I need some tips and advice on this, and if you want to share your experience with the same setup i would appreciate. Thanks a lot.
You better make sure your band and bassist especially are tight with the drum machine. Because a good drummer can save a song with a clever fill or slightly changing up the tempo if someone makes a mistake.

If any of you make a mistake, the drum machine will just keep plugging away doing it's own thing and all mistakes will be multiplied 10 fold.
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
Don't sound like shit just because your drum machine is there. And don't be so loud that no one can hear it either. Yeah, they'll know it's a drum machine. But people like to hear drums.
Quote by jaybsp
Smashing Pumpkins played with a drum machine at first.
Chamberlin joined simply to save them from having to continue doing so.
Quote by herby190

Sshhh, he didn't need to know that did he?
Quote by herby190

Well if anything, it shows that it CAN be done as a resort if there is no viable alternative at the current time.

Perhaps you could start with drum machine and then later get a drummer when an adequately skilled one becomes apparent?
Quote by Ruination
I do genuinely love her, and not just because I like her breasts you know?
Quote by jimbojetuk
Well if anything, it shows that it CAN be done as a resort if there is no viable alternative at the current time.

Perhaps you could start with drum machine and then later get a drummer when an adequately skilled one becomes apparent?

That's the solution that right now solves all the problems and save us lots of time. But perhaps someone has any technical tips?
Quote by Necromicon
That's just mean..... but funny. eheh

Is there really a rush to play live or are you just using the machine to practise? Also can any of your band actually programme drums well?
Quote by jaybsp
Is there really a rush to play live or are you just using the machine to practise? Also can any of your band actually programme drums well?

There's a bit of a rush too, because we have the songs ready for gigging. Well, i made this drum track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgr5Be-v-MA . It could be a lot better but i guess it serves the music ok.
Yeah it sounded alright, not much of a metal head though so I can't give any real critique.
I think Two Door Cinema Club use one on their studio recordings.

But they used a drummer live...
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
My friends use a drum machine live (they say it's because drummers are unreliable ) and they pull it off well, but you just have to make sure you don't muck up.
Quote by theogonia777

What the...
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Spartan101400
My friends use a drum machine live (they say it's because drummers are unreliable ) and they pull it off well, but you just have to make sure you don't muck up.

The drummers i had the pleasure to play with were a bit unreliable i must say, but i dream with the day i'll find the perfect one, with good timing, dynamics and ability to play in several time signatures. eheh, but hey, that perfect drummer might be looking for the perfect guitarist, and i ain't him. Maybe it's my fault. eheh
Quote by Khenro
What the...

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.