Hey guys,

I'm planning to change my Ibanez RG350DX's stock picks with either of picks mentioned in the title.

I mostly play metal and hard-rock and want that bassy/heavy sound, squeaking pinch harmonics and long sustain .. I'm also looking for warm clean sounds with neck pick pickups. Which pick set would me best for me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

(PS: Sorry for my bad English)
not the HZs

i haven't tried the d-activator, but the air norton should do what you want in the neck.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get the DiMarzios and never look back. As an owner of HZ's, I can tell you with full confidence to never, ever waste money on HZ's.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I might be wrong but aren't the D-Activators WAY higher output than the Air Norton?

I don't know if that would cause a volume change when switching or not..

I'd go with Dimarzio's for sure, but make sure to look into all the variations of the D-Activators and whatever else you choose.
Quote by Tedward
I might be wrong but aren't the D-Activators WAY higher output than the Air Norton?

I think you're right. The Air Norton is usually matched with the Tonezone, I think the D-Activator is going to be too hot and it won't be right at all. TS is better off getting a Tonezone for the bridge.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
I'm no expert on pickups, but Ibanez uses the Dimarzio's in the prestige series a lot, might kinda be a hint. I mean, I think they do pretty good. My Prestige has the Air Norton in the neck, True Velvet in the middle position, and the Tone Zone in the bridge. I would also second what Tedward said, I think the D-Activators may be too hot and cause a big volume jump/drop when switching.
I haven't used Dimarzio's in 4 years but stay far away from those turds HZ.

Anyways last Dimarzio pups in my guitars were a Super 3 and a Air Classic Neck. Those were great for the stuff i was playing back then.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I've got D-Activators in my Iceman and they are veery hot. Either get a full set of D-Activators or an Air Norton and something else.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Errr... what amp do you play?

First off... adjust the height of the pickups, and the output difference between the pickups can be easily evened out.

Forget the EMG HZ... they're average at best. However if you can somehow score a set free... you can consider the HZ H2A... they're not TOO bad for some chugg. If you're paying for them forget it.

I get the feeling that D-Activators may be a little bright for you...

Why don't you consider this instead?

Bridge: Super Distortion.
Neck: Air Zone OR PAF Pro

Also, what is your budget?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
while the HZs arent bad at all, they arent super amazing. I keep them around because ive gotten somewhat of a signature sound out of them. But if you are upgrading, then definitely the Dimarzios
I have a Rg350 with a Crunch Lab in the bridge and a Liquifire in the neck and it is pretty good. I also have a PRS Tremonti that I picked up for cheap with the HZ's in it they are ok but the Dimarzio KILLS the HZ's. The Crunch Lab has a nice tight bottom end with all the harmonics you care for. I also had a 7321 with a Evo in the Bridge and a D Sonic in teh neck that was a nice combo as well.
Jackson DK2M w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez ARZ 800 w/EMG 81/60
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune
Quote by Bidley
I think you're right. The Air Norton is usually matched with the Tonezone, I think the D-Activator is going to be too hot and it won't be right at all. TS is better off getting a Tonezone for the bridge.

Not really...

Ever heard of pickup height adjustment?

The thing about D Activators isn't so much that they're just hot, but they have a very aggressive tone, which makes them sound hotter.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jun 18, 2011,