i'm gonna finish my senior year in high school right now and i want to learn a thing or two from your experience.
so, I'm a classic case of socially late bloomer(in the process of blooming) and in a few days from now i'll probably stop seeing about 90% of my class and about 50% of my friends.
I'm going to study electrical engineering which ,as i heard is quite difficult so i guess i wont have much time to hang out(not that i do often right now)

Some of my friends sad to me that although i don't seem popular in high school i could easily be in the university(when you thing about it, 300 dorks in the same degree..i might just have the chance).
they sad it because they know that i have the character and the physique for an average social life, but my past denied me from becoming better at socializing in the last year.
should i do something it these last days, should i worry, advices?
You think too much.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
do that man.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
I should note that I'm a Perfectionist and quite negative, so i might have some skills and dare i to say, bright economical future, but i still want to make it right.
people want what they don't have.
if its helps in any case, i live in Israel(idk, different mentality then us(especially "college-university" wise)
There really isn't "popular" at university (at least in US universities).
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
You sound like you're in the exact same situation I was in through school. Years on now, I occassionally see my friends from school - who of course said we would keep in touch - and instead made more at College and Uni. When you stop caring about popularity and making friends you get more of both.

When you get people together at a college or uni, where they are choosing to be somewhere and everybody has a shared interest then making new friends is really easy and often they have experienced the same thing you have. This is especially the case with more geeky subjects, like computing and engineering as often they are late bloomers.

I would recommend you just go through the last few days in the same way you have everything else, don't try to do anything special but if there are people you really want to stay close with then give them a good last memory of you from school.

Just don't worry about it, life will go on either way and everything will work itself out
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by Silent Murder
You think too much.

This.

Just be yourself, end of
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by dany_100
so, you say its a different mentality?

Assuming this was being asked to me then yes it is a very different mentality. The two social environments really have little in common except the academic similarities from my experience.
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Last edited by barnesybaby at Jun 17, 2011,
You mean you're not suicidal? You have a very bright future my friend.
And don't worry. You will get laid someday.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
don't worry so much? plenty of people in college have enough time for a social life. I am sure you can find a few hours every week to be an extrovert.
Quote by dany_100
i'm gonna finish my senior year in high school right now and i want to learn a thing or two from your experience.
so, I'm a classic case of socially late bloomer(in the process of blooming) and in a few days from now i'll probably stop seeing about 90% of my class and about 50% of my friends.
I'm going to study electrical engineering which ,as i heard is quite difficult so i guess i wont have much time to hang out(not that i do often right now)

Some of my friends sad to me that although i don't seem popular in high school i could easily be in the university(when you thing about it, 300 dorks in the same degree..i might just have the chance).
they sad it because they know that i have the character and the physique for an average social life, but my past denied me from becoming better at socializing in the last year.
should i do something it these last days, should i worry, advices?

Kiss the girl you always had a crush on in high school. (see movie "I love you beth cooper")

Also, you seem smart. once you get into your field and start making money you'll get laid more than you could imagine.
there is 1 other person from my class how's gonna go to study the same thing as i do, should i ask him to wingman me(he's more experienced) or is it just make a complete reset?
edit:
why everyone presume that crush in high-school is mandatory?
just going to do that(decided it much earlier then today) i just have to do it face to face and facebook to facebook which require quite a bit of luck and sacrifice, but what the hell?...
Last edited by dany_100 at Jun 17, 2011,
Quote by dany_100
there is 1 other person from my class how's gonna go to study the same thing as i do, should i ask him to wingman me(he's more experienced) or is it just make a complete reset?

Go with a complete reset. I'm not advocating you ignore your friends I'm advocating expanding your boundaries. If you want a life changing experience you need to change you life.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
College/university is a chance to be who you want to be. Think of it as a fresh start. You can be whoever you want to be, but you seem to be over thinking the entire scenario. You don't need a wingman, you need to just be you and you'll make friends (300 dorks in the same degree as you so quaintly put it, surely you'll have something in common with most of them).

Most importantly enjoy it. College/uni should be the best time of your life, just live man

Oh and keep in mind that while people always want what they don't have, most don't realize what they already have until it's gone. That is the only thing you should be worried about.

Good luck man, it WILL work out.
Quote by dany_100
edit:
why everyone presume that crush in high-school is mandatory?
just going to do that(decided it much earlier then today) i just have to do it face to face and facebook to facebook which require quite a bit of luck and sacrifice, but what the hell?...

wasn't presuming, I made a half hearted attempt at a funny. Also, go for it or you'll regret it for the rest of your life.
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
College/university is a chance to be who you want to be.

If you need something other than who you are to be who you want to be you are a failed individual that will never find satisfaction.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Relax, don't be someone you're not, and don't think so much about trying to fit in. If you don't stress about it, meeting new people and building a good reputation will come much more easily.
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Just try to call out your friends as much as you can. In between semesters are a good time to catch up. Also facebook is a good way to keep communication open.
When you get to frosh week, be sure to make friends there. During that week, girls are going to be hit a lot. Many relationships tend to start off there. So if you want to make a fresh start, that's a good time.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Just try to call out your friends as much as you can. In between semesters are a good time to catch up. Also facebook is a good way to keep communication open.
When you get to frosh week, be sure to make friends there. During that week, girls are going to be hit a lot. Many relationships tend to start off there. So if you want to make a fresh start, that's a good time.

Without facebook, i dont think id have any friends lol

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
any advice's for the summer vacation(between the end of the school and the start of the university,4 months)? i planning to work out.
Well, the girl crush didn't worked...kind of...
You see.. she was dating this guy for 3 years and they broke up in the end of last year and she sad to me that she isn't ready, if that means anything to you(she added that she sad for couple of guys she's not ready, so i think that a better ...)
So i guess I've gotta find other one unless she well get over it and ask me(which is not typical for girls)
Life is too short to ever do something you dont enjoy. But its impossible to go through life without going through shit. So find something you enjoy in everything you do, otherwise your life will blow
I found at uni everyone is really keen to make some friends as most are in the position where they have just left school also and want to get to know some people. Having similar career interests and some common ground on assignments and revision for exams can also help with talking to people if that's a problem. Good luck mate!
Quote by PanamaJack666
what you really need is a new amp.

Wisdom.

Seriously though, I've been in the same boat. I can make friends easily, and I do when a common interest is involved, but I just tend to not emote and I generally come off as standoffish or really apathetic. It does affect me. I'm going off to uni next year as well, but I'm not really worried about making friends. Seriously just talk to people and be relaxed, but confident. It can work wonders.

Oh, also: The best (legal) friend-maker is licorice. Just offer people licorice if you're sitting around in a place with people socializing. I have started a huge amount of conversations with random people just by offering them food. Sounds stupid, but it works.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)