i'm trying all the options here, and i still can' t find an electric with a wider neck. (1 3/4" nut, and 2 1/4" bridge spacing) would it be worth my time to hack up a 12 string for my purpose? i know it would kill the resale value ( i am looking at a gibson for this), but i'm at a loss of how else to approach this.

is there a wider neck and bridge option for a 6 string?

am i wasting my time with the 12 string idea?
You could just string 6 of the strings with a slightly higher gauge and leave the other 6 off... doesn't seem like there should be a problem but I'd get someone else's opinion because it's just an idea that I assume would work.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Maybe get a 6-string nut made for a 7-string?
There is also this guitar that fits your measurements:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product3970.html

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Krauser
You could just string 6 of the strings with a slightly higher gauge and leave the other 6 off... doesn't seem like there should be a problem but I'd get someone else's opinion because it's just an idea that I assume would work.

i think i would need to remove the extra machine heads, as some will rattle if there is no tension. i really would dislike leaving that monster headstock as well.

doesnt inbanez have really wide flat necks i think its just a hair less than 1 and 3/4 of an inch

if they had the 2 1/4 bridge spacing i would be a happy camper.

Maybe get a 6-string nut made for a 7-string?
There is also this guitar that fits your measurements:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product3970.html

the nut width looks good, but it doesn't list the bridge spacing. maybe i can try calling them.
It lists the spacing at the 22nd fret as 2 1/4", wouldn't the bridge be at least that wide?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
It lists the spacing at the 22nd fret as 2 1/4", wouldn't the bridge be at least that wide?

that shows the width of the neck, rather than the width of the strings. it may be wide enough, but it doesn't say that specifically.