Yo, sup. This is my first song made in GP that I'm actually somewhat proud of. I have no knowledge of how to play to guitar or read musical notes(I'm a drummer so I only know how to read the rhythm aspect of it. All melodies were made by playing around with numbers that matched the key. Inspired by Rise's better bands: Decoder, Of Machines, and Oceana. Comments would be excellent.

I have it in gpx, gp5, and souncloud. If you can't read gpx, then please listen to it in soundcloud, then check out the tab in gp5. There's a loss in quality going from the original sound to the gp5 one.

Soundcloud is: http://soundcloud.com/boxfever101/pioneer-2/s-RIMwQ
Attachments:
Pioneer.gpx
Pioneer.gp5
Last edited by Tygra at Jun 18, 2011,
tried to open in GP5, didn't work
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
Sorry, I realized that I saved it as gpx. I tried converting to GP5 but it sounded so bad I just made it into a WAV. Please listen to it, the new link is in OP.
Listening on soundcloud. Sounds like some of Underoath's forays into ambient, post-rock sort of territory. Definitely a unique sound you've got going here, though. I said this about someone else's post-rock piece, but I'll repeat myself here; usually post-rock bores the piss out of me, but this is good. A real recording would be sick.

At the 2:13 mark, though, it sounds more like my computer is glitching out than music. Once that sound starts grooving though and implementing some staccato, it's pretty cool. I like this. Really cool piece here. Pioneer was yes!

Also, I'm surprised you have no knowledge of music. This sounds fairly technical harmonically, but since I'm listening on the soundcloud and I can't see the tab for myself, I can't say much about it.

Good job. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452586
Quote by guitar_jew
Listening on soundcloud. Sounds like some of Underoath's forays into ambient, post-rock sort of territory. Definitely a unique sound you've got going here, though. I said this about someone else's post-rock piece, but I'll repeat myself here; usually post-rock bores the piss out of me, but this is good. A real recording would be sick.

At the 2:13 mark, though, it sounds more like my computer is glitching out than music. Once that sound starts grooving though and implementing some staccato, it's pretty cool. I like this. Really cool piece here. Pioneer was yes!

Also, I'm surprised you have no knowledge of music. This sounds fairly technical harmonically, but since I'm listening on the soundcloud and I can't see the tab for myself, I can't say much about it.

Good job. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452586

Yeah, at the 2:13, even in GP it would sound weird-something about certain chords playing at 16th notes just doesn't register smoothly in it. I'll post the tab in GP5 just for reading. Thanks, and I'll be sure to check yours out.
-The opening rift sounds pretty awsome, it has a very dark mood to it.
-The next slow riff from 18-26 keeps the mood the same and is good.
-27-43 keeps it the same slow atmospheric sound, maybe change up the rythm and speed here?
-44-52 I like, i can see some screams/growls here that would sound awsome
-52-61 still the same dissonant sound, still good though.
-Imo 60-69 arent really needed but still is fine. Perhaps change up your drums some, its begginging to make everything sound the same
-The break down after this is good, nothing super but still serves its purpose and has a nice groove.
-The outro is good and keeps the same mood.

Only problem for me is the mood becomes a little stagnant but thats just me. It still sounds very good!

c4c https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452128
Thanks for the comments, and if in the future I decide to record this I'll make sure to cut 60-69 out. The whole second verse was my worst part of the writing process as I had major GP writer's block. I'll be sure to check yours out.