Poll: If you could commit crime and always get away with it, would you?
Poll Options
View poll results: If you could commit crime and always get away with it, would you?
HELL YES
176 81%
No that would be wrong
41 19%
Voters: 217.
Page 1 of 3
Poll in the way guys.
If you could get away with anything forever, would you abuse the power or not.
Probably not, "getting away with it" has never, ever been a concern of mine.

EDIT: Oh, we're talking about crime? I'd more likely use it to fight crime than commit crime. I love law enforcement.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jun 17, 2011,
Perfect anarchic freedom? Well, yeah. Sure. I'll take it.

I mean, it would only be really wrong if you used it to kill whoever you wanted, or something like that. I wouldn't have to pay for anything anymore, or worry about risk of persecution. Just do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.

No money for a plane ticket? Just walk past security. Take someone's seat. Travel the world. Do what I please.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
i could do anything...hhmmm......"hug" that hot white girl in spanish class....play a daisy rock guitar and get away with it without "prosecution"
MAYBE I DO WISH THEY WOULD MAKE A 8 STRING DAISY ROCK GUITAR!!! OK SO!!

Quote by xSacrilegex
I hate old metal, I hate British metal.

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
motherfucker i'd fuck that nigga's bitch ass up
well, considering that what i really need is a new amp...
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Probably not.
E-Daughter of Stealstrings and Flaxen Angel

Sometimes our fear of failing...
...Keeps us from succeeding.

I love Ryan
Quote by Music_101
Probably not.

Bullshit.

Saxo-Walrus

Depends on the severity of the "crime". Probably yes, if it didn't hurt anyone.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I would, for a few times.

Then I'll be guilty, and then start to not abuse the power.

Or maybe I'll just steal from corporate fiends.

Yes, I'll steal from corporate fiends.
well it depened on what the crime is.

If i'm trying to steal an ENGL Invader head and Mesa Boogie 2x12 recto cab and a couple of schecter hellraisers and PRS private stock guitars....... and i can get away with it, hell i'll do it
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Of course.
Morality is, after all, subjective.

I like this guy.

Of course I would take it.
has a terrible signature.
Quote by rgrockr
Probably not, "getting away with it" has never, ever been a concern of mine.

EDIT: Oh, we're talking about crime? I'd more likely use it to fight crime than commit crime. I love law enforcement.

This.
I voted yes, but does that mean no one would know about it? 'Cause I'd do that if I was an elusive criminal, but I also had that notoriety follow me. It'd be boring to be a criminal that no one knows about.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Oh hell yeah. I'd be dictator of the world within a week, and they'd speak of the grandeur of my corruption for centuries. My decadent court would be spoken of in the same tones as the emperors of ancient Rome.
On the other hand, because I take more pleasure in proving I was right about things than in most anything else, I'm pretty sure that I'd be mostly a force for good. It would just be long-term good wrapped in short-term evil. Rape and murder and tacky interior decorating, leading up to bureaucratic reform and social justice.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Last edited by AeolianSeventh at Jun 17, 2011,
With all the stuff I want and have no money for, almost definitely.
I wouldn't murder or rape anyone, but theft wouldn't be a problem.
No that would be wrong.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by byob_soad2
With all the stuff I want and have no money for, almost definitely.
I wouldn't murder or rape anyone, but theft wouldn't be a problem.

This.

I would never use the power for bodily harm, and violence. It would all be selfish gain. And not just material things. My travelling idea, for example. Don't pay to travel. Just get on the bus/train/plane, and travel. Just go.

I could get so much achieved if I had no bother for law, and order.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
Bullshit.

I would feel bad if I did.
E-Daughter of Stealstrings and Flaxen Angel

Sometimes our fear of failing...
...Keeps us from succeeding.

I love Ryan
Quote by Music_101
I would feel bad if I did.

No you wouldn't.

In this scenario, you're the ONLY person with the power of complete diplomatic immunity (that Murtaugh can't revoke).

You're ONE person. Just one. Out of 6.5 BILLION. All of the industries and companies you would take from wouldn't notice, unless you were taking entire stocks of things, like thousands of cars, etc.

And, in terms of travel, again, you're ONE person. Millions of people use air travel, trains, busses, etc. In reality, NOTHING would be missing. You would practically be more invisible to the world than you already are.

If used in a regular, personal way, and not for mass theft or destruction, then everything would be exactly as it is right now, except you would have more, be able to do more things freely, and be happier.

That's all.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by AeolianSeventh
... I'd be dictator of the world within a week, and they'd speak of the grandeur of my corruption for centuries. My decadent court would be spoken of in the same tones as the emperors of ancient Rom.
On the other hand, because I take more pleasure in proving I was right about things than in most anything else, I'm pretty sure that I'd be mostly a force for good. It would just be long-term good wrapped in short-term evil. Rape and murder and tacky interior decorating, leading up to bureaucratic reform and social justice.

Not to get political here, but this pretty much unintentionally explains what's wrong with "bureaucratic reform" and with "social justice" better than anything else I've ever come accross.

Not trolling, and I won't come back to debate this or read comments. Just think about it; if it doesn't click right away, then keep thinking about it every now and then over the next 20 years...
Quote by fallenangel20
No you wouldn't.

If used in a regular, personal way, and not for mass theft or destruction, then everything would be exactly as it is right now, except you would have more, be able to do more things freely, and be happier.

That's not how minds work. If you'd feel bad about doing something, it doesn't matter whether you get away with it or not--you're still going to feel bad.

Luckily, I'm a diagnosed sociopath. My highly-developed sense of morality is basically just a defense mechanism against doing things that would get me imprisoned. But if you feel genuine guilt, logic does not enter the equation.

Only the retarded laws.

and for free stuff.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by jetwash69
Not to get political here, but this pretty much unintentionally explains what's wrong with "bureaucratic reform" and with "social justice" better than anything else I've ever come accross.

Not trolling, and I won't come back to debate this or read comments. Just think about it; if it doesn't click right away, then keep thinking about it every now and then over the next 20 years...

Maybe I didn't explain it well. What I meant was, if I could do anything I wanted without consequences, I have a lot of ideas that could help a lot of people that simply couldn't be done while working within the law. However, I wouldn't live by my own laws. I'd do some pretty awful things, honestly, but I think the long-term consequences wouldn't depend on my personal integrity.

Quote by Twist of fate
Are you saying I would always be OJ Simpson?

No. You would be Kobe Bryant.

Saxo-Walrus

I already CAN do whatever I want, and yes, i take advantage of this.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Hell no, man.

Jesus wouldn't do that shit.

Jesus drank wine, flipped tables, and had women wipe his feet with their hair. I think he would.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Jesus drank wine, flipped tables, and had women wipe his feet with their hair. I think he would.

Those weren't crimes. He was a fucking rockstar.
Page 1 of 3