Well shit, the truss rod on my Ibanez EXB-445 is completely stripped. Any ideas of how to repair this myself since I don't have any money?

I know it's like a 200 dollar repair from a luthier, any suggestions for home remedies?
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Unless you can remove it by pulling it out through the hole in the headstock, you're screwed. The only way in that case is to pop the entire fretboard off, install a new truss rod and truss rod nut, and then re-install the fretboard. BIG bucks.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I guess it's a call to GC this morning and see what an estimate would be. If it's too high then I may just buy a new bass and use the EMG's from my Ibby in the new one.
Quote by FatalGear41

You could buy one of these but they do cost the same as a truss rod repair from GC.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Ya i don't have the money to do that either.

That is a wicked looking tool though.
Quote by FatalGear41

Replacing truss are a major PITA job. Most luthiers will charge $250 minimum and upwards of $550 at some places.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
For that I could buy a new bass.

Thought:

What if I took really tine pieces of paper and placed them under the strings at the nut?

Would this possibly work?
Quote by FatalGear41

I would think that it won't work but you can try.
OK! heres whatcha do:

drill a hole through the top of the truss rod nut and then use something to turn it that way. or, fill the hole with epoxy and makeshift it
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
OK! heres whatcha do:

drill a hole through the top of the truss rod nut and then use something to turn it that way. or, fill the hole with epoxy and makeshift it

Or use a dremel to cut a line straight across it and use a flat head screw driver. Might be a bit fiddly to do though.