What exactly counts as suicidal thoughts? I've been thinking about death in general for a while know, and OCCASIONALLY, I think about my death. It's like, I feel like things would be so much easier if I didn't wake up tomorrow and slept forever, but I never think, "Oh, I'm gonna put a bullet in my brain." Also, I have dreams every once in a while where I die. I have been feeling pretty down as of late, and I'm just wondering if the thoughts are going to become worse/more persistent.

So, does suicidal thoughts mean explicitly feeling like you're going to kill yourself tomorrow/ sometime?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by carlos_almighty
What exactly counts as suicidal thoughts? I've been thinking about death in general for a while know, and OCCASIONALLY, I think about my death. It's like, I feel like things would be so much easier if I didn't wake up tomorrow and slept forever, but I never think, "Oh, I'm gonna put a bullet in my brain." Also, I have dreams every once in a while where I die. I have been feeling pretty down as of late, and I'm just wondering if the thoughts are going to become worse/more persistent.

So, does suicidal thoughts mean explicitly feeling like you're going to kill yourself tomorrow/ sometime?

You're still thinking logically, which shows you won't be offing yourself anytime soon.

Just keep an eye on it, don't let those thoughts develop.
has a terrible signature.
"I want to kill myself to end (insert problem here)." That counts. Thinking about death is part of being alive ironically
Music must be honest to be timeless.
Generally, yes, although it's pretty normal to at some point think heavily about death, including your own. Especially during hormonal years.

While you're discovering your life, the world, and how you fit into both, a natural direction of that emotional-intellectual path is to ponder your own death, and death in general, as it relates. Not necessarily to WANT it, or to think it would make life easy (as I would count that as slightly suicidal), but a part of being alive is knowing, and at least attempting to understand, the undeniable rule that you will, at some point, convenient or not, tragic or not, die.
My God, it's full of stars!
I have thoughts like that too like what would happen if i killed myself. I came to the conclusion that my relatives and friends would be sad but then die and i'd be forgotten, same as if i didn't kill myself and just died. So why bother? Being conscious is awesome why cut that short? Any time you think of killing yourself, marvel at all of the evolution needed to create something as intelligent and conscious as you and marvel at the beauty of the universe. Then even if these are suicidal thoughts you are grateful to be alive no matter what and it doesn't matter if your thought are considered suicidal since the point is you won't kill yourself.
My own conclusion on the topic summed up to be: "ehh....f*ck it. this is pointless to think about. I'm gunna go enjoy life instead." We've all pondered death, c'est la vie
Music must be honest to be timeless.
The thing that keeps me thinking is that on some days, I can't find reasons to get out of bed. I just want to sleep and never wake up. Like I said, not explicitly thinking of offing myself, but thinking of... I guess not living?

Also, to be perfectly honest, there have been a couple of occasions where I literally thought of killing myself. Usually, these thoughts were brief, but afterwards, when realizing what I had been contemplating, I was scared as ****. Almost to the point of tears.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
All the time, I generally feel a small range of emotions now. I'm pretty numb. I'd like to be warm again.
Merely thinking about your own death does not indicate suicidal thoughts. Planning your own death, viewing death as a good alternative to problems you're facing in life, etc., those are what typically get categorized as suicidal thoughts.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by Unourrit01
everyone thinks about death at some point. its interesting to us not knowing what exactly happens afterwards

I think terrifying would probably be a more appropriate word than interesting, but whatever floats your boat.

OP: You aren't having suicidal thoughts, so much as morbid thoughts. If your fascination with death is new, you could try to figure out what sparked it.
It happens to most people I think. Every once in a while I start to think about what it must be like to die and stuff. Not that I want to