Does anyone out there have any experience with Acoustic amps, especially the B200H head? I'm thinking about getting one and was wondering if there was something better for a similar price. I'm playing a Ibanez 5 string in a metal band that may be giging in the future, nothing huge just small venues.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Acoustics are great amps for how little that they go for.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
If your playing a 5 string bass in a metal band, I assume that your probably tuning your bass down.

Not saying that it wont work, but acoustic amps aren't really made to output tones that low, your going to run into this problem with your low B whether your tuned down or not. It'll work, but I'd expect it to be muddy.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I'm looking at the B200H + 1X15 Cab Stack right now, is there anything around that price ($399 US) that would be better suited to lower stuff? or could careful eq-ing help that?
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
I have the B200 combo and its great I get a good tone out of it. Has a very old school rock sound.
Quote by the_perdestrian
I have a b200 and a 410. my B sounds just fine and I boost my lows.

+1

I have a B100 and I have no issues with my low B.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by Vypor

Not saying that it wont work, but acoustic amps aren't really made to output tones that low, your going to run into this problem with your low B whether your tuned down or not. It'll work, but I'd expect it to be muddy.

I use the b200 head at home and tested out a 5 string repair job on it yesterday. It performed like a champ on the B.

Don't know if it would be muddier with drop tuning, but I don't really see why it would.

TS--the b200h is a beast. I picked up a b-stock one for $90 about a year ago and I play through it all the time. It's really underrated for power and gets very loud through the right cab. It also sounds pretty darn good and is light for an amp that isn't an ultralight amp.

There are only two things I don't like about it: one--as far as I can tell, you can't turn off the notch (mid cut) so you have to set it in the right spot and then add a lot of mids to compensate if you don't want your mids cut.
Two--when you use an external preamp with the effects return jack, the master volume knob is rendered useless, not just the gain.