Hey, I guess im just not very understanding at reading tabs. For example, I play the chords that this TAB says to play in the intro. so I play D A Em and G in that order twice, but it doesnt seem right. I listen to the song and try to play along with it, but it sounds pretty fast, and im not playing it right. Its not just this song in particular, its all the tabs that show chords instead. They confuse me... and I obviously dont know how to read them.
I hate to sound like an idiot, trust me I do, but I'm just not getting it right.
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
make sure your guitar is in tune first.
E-----2--
B-----3--
G-----2--
D-----0--
A---------
E---------
thats a D chord. the top E in this diagram is the thinnest string. then B, then G ,etc. the bottom E is the thickest string. on the thinnest string put ur finger on the 2nd fret, on the B string put another finger on the 3 rd fret. on the G string put another finger on the 2nd fret and on the D string just play it open. play all those notes i just said at once.

sorry if i explained too simply. IDk what level of guitar u r at.
Im guessing you totally misread my question
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
I dont understand your question either.

Chords are just like tabs, but every single note is not tabbed out. You may need to improvise a little. Skip some of the strings, play around.