Page 1 of 2
I'm looking for a new amp to replace my MG. I want this tone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OyCdOZaJGw I've narrowed my choices down to a Line 6 Spider 30w, or a Bugera 6262. Any others that I should consider?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Robben Ford uses ridiculously expensive boutique tube amplifiers. You ain't gonna get that tone from a Spider. The Bugera 6262 is a high-gain metal amp clone of the Peavey 6505+, so it isn't right for that tone, either. Look at tube amps of no more than 50 watts, and if you are a serious tone freak, then be prepared to spend some serious cash.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
It's a stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by CECamps
It's a stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

what? neither of them are a stereo amp...what? just what? why would I plug a guitar into what?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by lbj273
what? neither of them are a stereo amp...what? just what? why would I plug a guitar into what?

Let me re-phrase that.

if you're talking about the Spider I know its not tube but I'm like 45% sure its a guitar amp
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Oh, I gotcha. In that case, here is my suggestion:

Quote by littlephil
6505+

dude thats a high gain amp, I don't play teh br00tz, I want to play Robben Ford
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by lbj273

Dude its a 6505, it can do anything. Blues, country, jazz, metal.
Robben Ford doesn't use Dumbles, they're 6505s in Dumble headshells.
whats a Dumble?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by lbj273

You do know that a Bugera 6262 is basically a 6505+ right?

Because it's a clone?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by CECamps

I thought this died years ago.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
I thought this died years ago.

Hi-fi stereo amps? No, certainly not. They are alive and well.
you know that a 100 watt amp isn't that much louder then a 30 watt amp.

you should just grab the 100 watt spider since it's got a whole bunch of other options for switching and effects and stuff.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by littlephil
Dude its a 6505, it can do anything. Blues, country, jazz, metal.
Robben Ford doesn't use Dumbles, they're 6505s in Dumble headshells.

Now you've done it! One day, when you least expect it, an enormously fat guy is going to jump out of the bushes and attack you with crystal lattices!

Dude, you're in trouble!
why is no one taking this thread seriously? I'm so confused right now
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

TS, you are being trolled so hard right now. If I were you, I'd ask this question on a website where people won't tell you Robben Ford uses Peavey 6505s.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by FatalGear41
Now you've done it! One day, when you least expect it, an enormously fat guy is going to jump out of the bushes and attack you with crystal lattices!

Dude, you're in trouble!

Damn, now I'm gonna have to start carrying an emergency escape cheeseburger. Again.
Seriously, your best bet is a low to mid-wattage tube amplifier with a classic (not modern) design. How much can you spend? Where do you live? What brands do you have access to, and are you willing to buy used?
Quote by lbj273
why is no one taking this thread seriously? I'm so confused right now

I apologize if I came off as not being serious. I'm really trying to help.

I did a bit of research and found THIS POST which I think has a lot of useful info that is pertinent to your question.
so I did a bit of research and valve amps seem like a pain in the arse, and I don't think I need the effects on the amp, would this amp get me this tone?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

I just...this thread seems...I don't...it's...

Don't buy a spider, don't buy a frontman, don't buy another mg. Just get a goddamn potted plant.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
why the **** would I get a potted plant?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

To make your father happy and keep him busy so as to prevent him from dildoing with your guitar.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
To make your father happy and keep him busy so as to prevent him from dildoing with your guitar.

thats a pretty douchey thing to say, for all you know my dad is dead
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Never change UG, never change.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Quote by lbj273
so I did a bit of research and valve amps seem like a pain in the arse, and I don't think I need the effects on the amp, would this amp get me this tone?

If that is a recording of Cream from the 1960s, then you're hearing a Gibson SG with the tone knob rolled off through a cranked Marshall SLP. Clapton has since switched to Fender Tweed amps and he seems to get a good tone; so much so that he played the Cream Reunion Tour with them. Fender solid state amps aren't known for emulating the sounds of their tube brethren very well. The only way to know for sure is to go to a shop and plug your guitar into one. If you have your heart set on a solid state amp, you would be better off with a high-end Line 6 or something along those lines. You'll probably end up spending as much as on a tube amp, but it might be the thing for you.

Very good very good!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

This thread is in such a mess... it's hilarious.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
This thread needs cats. And more cheeseburger references.

Get a klon. And a milkshake.
Page 1 of 2