Hey guys
Again, need your help.

Basicly, started up the amp (ampeg ba115), and started playing the bass (Warwick Corvette) and its distorting/ has this fuzz sound, no idea wtf it is, its only when i play. Its not the tweeter, i disconnected that a while back, its not the bass'es battery, i bypassed the active electronics.

Any ideas? Thanks
Well i was just switching between the "stlye" switch and now i have ****ign nothing. What the ****. Turned amp off, speaker did the pop thing it usually does, light went off, turned it back on, same ****ing think, no sound, in any channel. Unplugged bass, no weird noise that happens when taking out jack. Damnit. No sound of guitar or static from unplugging it when its in the normal imput or -15db imput. Did the amp just **** itself? Its new.
Ampeg BA. next time, different amp.

it sounds like you might have had a wire pop out. see if the jack you plug into screws out easily.

check the cable itself first though, guy above me is right.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Its a new damn cable too... ill grab the spare annnnd
Wooo! works

I still have a fuzz/distortion though. It wasnt doing this two days ago, same settings and all..
Last edited by Cantplay4penuts at Jun 18, 2011,
do you have a headphone jack?

see if it works through that.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
do you have a headphone jack?

see if it works through that.

Yeah, still distorting.
If the Warwick has active pickups as well as an active eq you have to have a working battery in it for it to work, even in bypassed mode.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
If the Warwick has active pickups as well as an active eq you have to have a working battery in it for it to work, even in bypassed mode.

ahh, thanks, how long do they usually last in a warwick, if you dont take them out when not playing (like when you sleep and during the day when you might be at school/work.).

Also, ive fiddled with my Eq, and that has seemed to make it much better. I have my bass boosted, mids boosted a little, and treb cut abit, seems to have helped it alot more. Maybe it is mostly the EQ??? I have no idea how to set it, so that could have been my problem the whole time. **** im hopeless.