**only reply with one if you have multiple guitars**

i am just curious to know how many electric guitars you play simutanously over the period of a week or month. what i am looking for is you go to guitars, the ones that get the best action. i used to switch guitars every few days years ago, but never fully got used to one, and it probably wasn't ideal for gaining ability.

i play three guitars on a regular basis, a Gibson Les Paul, a Peavey USA Wolfgang, and now my new Ibanez 3550MZ Prestige.

i find that if i play too many different guitars, my chops suffer all around because of the different neck profiles, and upper fret access, and all sorts of variables.

i find that if i only play one, i just get so used to it that its hard to play a different guitar, but my chops develop best.

for me i think 3 is a happy medium.

maybe i am just crazy, but i am wondering what you all do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well, I typically play 2, one being my Schecter and the other my Washburn acoustic.

I probably would play my Dean more, but I really need to swap the pickups out of it.... It has a pretty comfy neck.
Poll? Usually around 3 at the moment. That's only because the others are in storage at the moment and I'm lazy.
4 If you count the bass I have lying around.
RIP Gooze

cats
i should also add, how often do you go through phases for a certain guitar?

i rotate at least one every month. i have 11 on the walls, 3 on floor stands, probably a dozen in cases or in anothe room. so sometimes i don't play a paticular guitar for monts, maybe even a year.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by mulefish
Poll? Usually around 3 at the moment. That's only because the others are in storage at the moment and I'm lazy.
4 If you count the bass I have lying around.

something got messed up when i posted it, it was supposed to have a poll.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
really just 3 or 4..

for a regular guitar just my main prs. then the baritone. then third place is whatever else I feel like that week.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
one daily. when i feel like it (once or twice a week) i play the les paul or the martin. but strat gets played daily.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
6 string Ibanez and 7 string Carvin. I always have a 6 string and a 7 string and nothing else, the exception being a bass. If one is purchased, one must be let go of. I don't choose a guitar based on feel, I pick whichever one happens to be in the tuning I want at the time.
I only own two right now, a Schecter c-1 elite and an Agile Interceptor Pro 727.

It's pretty even between those.

I hope to get another guitar soon.
i play 3 - 4 guitars. I keep one in the living room and one in the computer/recording studio. I switch them out couple days. Livingroom is usually the fender jaguar or the Gretsch Jet pro. the computer room is the hello kitty or teisco. I tend to keep the Jaguar out a little more.
3 guitars and 3 basses.

My main guitars are my ESP Horizon Custom(Cb tuning), ESP SV-II(Eb tuning), and Jackson RR5(Standard tuning).

My main rig for bass is in my sig.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I have been playing my G-400 lately because of the tunings I am using now. before that it was my PRS for 6+ yrs (leave it in E standard).
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Usually 4. 2 Electrics, a bass, and an acoustic. I don't go through phases where I only play one that often.
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)
Quote by dark Mass
3 guitars and 3 basses.

My main guitars are my ESP Horizon Custom(Cb tuning), ESP SV-II(Eb tuning), and Jackson RR5(Standard tuning).

My main rig for bass is in my sig.

Did you really just say Cb tuning?

OT: 4 geetars, 3 electrics in different tunings, and one acoustic in standard for bluesy jams.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

i am just curious to know how many electric guitars you play simultaneously
One. I only have two arms.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I swap back and forth between my C-1 Classic and my HSS Strat pretty often. The Strat tends to get a little more love because it's more versatile, but the C-1 is beautiful, has that rich mahogany sound and needs lovin too. My Epiphone acoustic usually gets picked up once or twice a week too.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I only own two, but I keep one in drop D so I alternate between them pretty frequently depending upon which tuning I am using.

The problem is they are both Ibanez RG's, so the necks are pretty similar. If I pick up another guitar with a different neck profile I feel lost for a minute. It like a whole different instrument untill I adapt to it.
Quote by valennic
Did you really just say Cb tuning?

B tuning if you like since they are the same.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I play both of my PRS weekly at least -they are both tuned differently so it depends what I'm in the mood to play.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
well, i have 5 electrics but i only keep two out at a time to play, and its usually the two in my sig. Im selling the SG soon to fund pedals and arts to fix a '79 Gibson L6-S copy i have and it will prolly take the SGs place
Quote by dark Mass
B tuning if you like since they are the same.

Thank you, my inner music nazi was having a fit

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

got about 6 guitars but i play 3 of them quite regularly,for some reason i dont touch dean razorback at all,i have a cheap dean ml copy which i just love to play and its my fav guitar by far,also switch between maton acoustic and a cheap acoustic,depends on the mood im in
I have one acoustic and one electric. I play my electric probably 95% of the time as it's so much better. My acoustic is nice and all, but it's £350's worth of guitar, my electrics just shy of £2000. So, it's obviously going to play a lot better than my acoustic.
i have 3 (electric)guitars and play them all at least once during any given week. my acoustic doesn't get played much although i really should play it more often. i have a bass but don't really play it much except when i get ready to record a song.
I use my SG, ES137, and Gretsch pretty equally, but I mostly use my Les Paul. I typically play all of them at least in a span of two days. My newest guitars typically become my "main" guitar after a year of having it. I used to have so much regret about my Les Paul, but now I can't be more pleased.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

I have three guitars and I play them regularly. The amount of time invested in each changes with my mood, but they all see the light of day quite often.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
I only play my 7 string, i've become a 6 hater. I have big hands and the 7 is just so much more comfortable. Reminds me that i need to sell my 6s
I usually play 2 guitars. I play my acoustic and my electric. It really depends on what mood I am in.
Three. I actually haven't played my ukelele in a bit, but now I'm getting a hankering for it.

My RG2228 and Mockingbird are in very different tunings though (not to mention being completely different instruments), but my RG2228 is in my main tuning. It also plays infinitely better. So it depends on what tuning I'm in the mood for, which is mainly standard.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I probaly play 2 guitars a day, and probaly 4 inc the first 2 during a whole month
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
I have an Epiphone LP which I only ever play for electric. My other electric is a Stagg S300 which I hate with every ounce of my existence, so it just sits in the corner gathering dust. I also play my Crafter acoustic a fair bit too. I have a Schecter Tempest on the way though so I may well end up playing that non stop for a while.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.