Page 1 of 2
Some people drink, some people play sports, I like to smoke weed. Well...I did.

Let me explain. There was probably about a 7 month period starting early last september where I smoked every single day. For a while, I loved it. Then month 7 hit, and something strange happened. I wasnt getting high anymore. I remember one weekend, I was determined to get high. I bought a quad, and I smoked the entire thing to myself in one weekend. I didnt even get a little bit high. I wasnt tired, I didnt have the munchies, and Tim and Eric didnt even make me crack a smile.

I said to myself "Ive been smoking entirely too much refer, maybe I need a break."

So I took a break. The next monday, I stopped cold turkey.

Fast forward 4 weeks. I hadnt smoked for an entire month, and I decided that my body would be ready. I went far out of my way to find the best stuff I could get my hands on. Once again, I bought a quad. I smoked the entire thing in one day and was not even remotely high

So I ask you pit. Have I smoked so much weed that it doesnt affect me anymore? Is that even possible?

inb4 I smoked myself retarded. Im definitely still at least average intelligence
inb4 you cant inb4 your own thread
Last edited by thebassiestbass at Jun 18, 2011,
Maybe try cocaine?

Stop wasting money on it if it's not working is step one to recovery.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
oh yeah, happened to me last summer.

i cut down to maybe blazing once or twice a month around march, i feel like it's more fun as a once in a while thing anyways.
Quote by brandon369852
Maybe try cocaine?

Stop wasting money on it if it's not working is step one to recovery.

Well, I havent in over a month.

And everyone wastes money. It just happened to be that marijuana was the thing I wasted it on. Until recently. And now I find that the extra $60 a week is nice to have
Quote by piratemetalhead
oh yeah, happened to me last summer.

i cut down to maybe blazing once or twice a month around march, i feel like it's more fun as a once in a while thing anyways.

This.
First of all there is a drug thread.
Second of all, you built up a tolerance, it happens. If a month break doesn't help, take a longer break. It goes away eventually.
Yeah, I got high basically every day this past school year. Often multiple times a day. I'd just not smoke for another month and a half, and then do it once a week. But do some really good shit once a week (or less often).
tim and eric show is fucking stupid as hell. a show should not need the excuse 'you need to be baked to the point of retarded' as a contingency to it being funny.

you got to the break through point where smoking weed gets you high, but keeps you normal. its the same with any drug. you build up a tolerance to it. youre high, but you can keep your head level.

congrats, you just leveled up from a n00b smoker to a seasoned toker who can keep his shit together when baked. a lot of long term weed smokers become elitist about this type of thing. although thats kind of dumb, being able to keep your head while high on any drug is a desirable quality.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
tim and eric show is fucking stupid as hell. a show should not need the excuse 'you need to be baked to the point of retarded' as a contingency to it being funny.

I think it's fucking hilarious.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

you got to the break through point where smoking weed gets you high, but keeps you normal. its the same with any drug. you build up a tolerance to it. youre high, but you can keep your head level.

congrats, you just leveled up from a n00b smoker to a seasoned toker who can keep his shit together when baked. a lot of long term weed smokers become elitist about this type of thing. although thats kind of dumb, being able to keep your head while high on any drug is a desirable quality.

Stopped reading there. Get off your high horse
There's a difference between keeping your head and not feeling it. A friend of mine has been smoking every day for seven years (he started at 13.... His parents are total hippie stoners), with breaks in between of course, and he keeps his head, but he can still get ****ed up. They're not mutually exclusive. There's a range of drunkenness where I can still keep my head and act sober if I need to, but I'm actually pretty drunk. It tends to be between 10 and 15 shots, depending on how much I've eaten, tiredness, blablabla. I can keep my head, but I still feel it.
Quote by thebassiestbass

i dont think there is a horse thats high enough that he'd be able to equate tim and eric with quality comedy.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by trueamerican
There's a difference between keeping your head and not feeling it. A friend of mine has been smoking every day for seven years (he started at 13.... His parents are total hippie stoners), with breaks in between of course, and he keeps his head, but he can still get ****ed up. They're not mutually exclusive. There's a range of drunkenness where I can still keep my head and act sober if I need to, but I'm actually pretty drunk. It tends to be between 10 and 15 shots, depending on how much I've eaten, tiredness, blablabla. I can keep my head, but I still feel it.

Yea, see, I dont even feel it. I could power smoke 4 bongs and feel 100% sober. In fact, I did. My friends and I split the first one. They were all completely baked after sharing one. I smoked the next three completely to myself. Didnt feel a thing. I was jealous that my friends were all getting high and I was totally sober
Quote by thebassiestbass
Yea, see, I dont even feel it. I could power smoke 4 bongs and feel 100% sober. In fact, I did. My friends and I split the first one. They were all completely baked after sharing one. I smoked the next three completely to myself. Didnt feel a thing. I was jealous that my friends were all getting high and I was totally sober

there is the possibility that youre just getting kinda shitty weed too.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by thebassiestbass

No, keep reading; he had some good shit to say. This isn't a thread about Tim and Eric. In fact, this shouldn't be a thread at all. Talk about it in the drug thread if ya'll is gonna bitch

SmartEDIT: You forgot how to smoke weed right.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Jun 18, 2011,
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i dont think there is a horse thats high enough that he'd be able to equate tim and eric with quality comedy.

Opinions. I think it's hilarious. Sober.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Quote by MasterOfCows
Opinions. I think it's hilarious. Sober.

apparently you have shit taste in tv programming.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
there is the possibility that youre just getting kinda shitty weed too.

Not to sound like one of those elitist pot smoking douche bags, but I know the difference between good and shit weed. Plus, when all your friends who smoke about as much weed as you are getting really high off of it, thats usually a sign that its not the weed
Quote by thebassiestbass
Not to sound like one of those elitist pot smoking douche bags, but I know the difference between good and shit weed. Plus, when all your friends who smoke about as much weed as you are getting really high off of it, thats usually a sign that its not the weed

Did you have any stimulants before smoking, such as coffee, tea, chocolate or hot spicy food?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Did you have any stimulants before smoking, such as coffee, tea, chocolate or hot spicy food?

Nope. Maybe hard to believe, but I actually very very rarely have any of those things. Well, spicy food maybe once or twice a week. Still though, I doubt it has anything to do with it because I used to eat spicy food just as much and I was still getting high
this past year i felt exactly like you, like i've been smoking too much. it was one of the reasons i decided to spend the summer back home, so i could spend some time sober/away from my hookups and then go back to school and not do it as much.

also, i definitely felt like i wasn't getting as high as i used to either.
Go Veg.
Last edited by im not mental at Jun 18, 2011,
wow ive never heard of anything like this. strange.. did you smoke any of that K2 or K3 or whatever it is synthetic weed? normal weed almost has like a reverse tolerance. everything else ive heard suggests this cant happen, unless your particular body chemistry is just unusual.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Linqua5150
wow ive never heard of anything like this. strange.. did you smoke any of that K2 or K3 or whatever it is synthetic weed? normal weed almost has like a reverse tolerance. everything else ive heard suggests this cant happen, unless your particular body chemistry is just unusual.

You can definitely become more tolerant of weed, and is very normal. I don't know what you're smoking
Follow me on Twitter
Nope, no synthetics. Only drug Ive ever used besides weed is alcohol. When I was still smoking though, it would be rare for me to drink more than once a month

Subsequently, Ive been drinking more lately because of this whole marijuana situation
well, in certain occasions, but ive still never heard anything like this. there are many people who smoke many times a day every day that dont exhibit this. the only way i would think is if he smoked that synthetic stuff, it actually very rapidly increases your tolerance to itself and real THC
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Linqua5150
well, in certain occasions, but ive still never heard anything like this. there are many people who smoke many times a day every day that dont exhibit this. the only way i would think is if he smoked that synthetic stuff, it actually very rapidly increases your tolerance to itself and real THC

No it doesn't. Synthetic (and only the newer ones after the DEA made the older kind illegal ) increases tolerance to synthetic. And that's it.
I've been smoking daily for nearly 2 years now and I know what you mean in a certain degree. I wouldn't say I don't feel it when I've smoked but I definitely miss the times where I would smoke 1 joint and be so high that I could barely talk

I do however notice that when I take a break (a week or so), I feel the effect like 10x as hard as when I do it every day so it's strange that that doesn't help in your situation..
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by thebassiestbass
Nope. Maybe hard to believe, but I actually very very rarely have any of those things. Well, spicy food maybe once or twice a week. Still though, I doubt it has anything to do with it because I used to eat spicy food just as much and I was still getting high

Sounds like you just built up a high tolerance for it then, some people do.
For you, it's probably best to have a longer break from it and if you re-start smoking, just smoke it occasionaly, otherwise you're gonna find yourself spending more and more money on getting high.
Sounds like it's time to get yourself a needle, a tourniquet, and a friend who's been in prison.
I agree with those saying you should just take a longer break. Do you think you may have had a bit of a negative outlook going into smoking for the first time in a month? I find my state of mind massively effects the kind of high I have. Funnily enough this applies more to drinking than smoking for me. I smoke almost every day and I still get pretty toasted
Quote by Borsworth
I find my state of mind massively effects the kind of high I have. Funnily enough this applies more to drinking than smoking for me. I smoke almost every day and I still get pretty toasted

I've found that it varies a lot on what I'm doing, if I'm active while smoking, I don't feel as high, but if I'm just sat back relaxing then it has more of an effect.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I've found that it varies a lot on what I'm doing, if I'm active while smoking, I don't feel as high, but if I'm just sat back relaxing then it has more of an effect.

Maybe because you're focusing on other things.... Because I'd think that when active it would be more potent, due to the increase in circulatory activity
Quote by trueamerican
Maybe because you're focusing on other things.... Because I'd think that when active it would be more potent, due to the increase in circulatory activity

I definitely feel 'higher' when just sitting around. If I move, or walk, etc., I definitely don't feel the effects as much. Sounds weird, but it's true.
Quote by trueamerican

Possibly the increase in circulatory activity causes the THC to be purged from the circulatory system quicker?
Quote by thebassiestbass
Some people drink, some people play sports, I like to smoke weed. Well...I did.

Let me explain. There was probably about a 7 month period starting early last september where I smoked every single day. For a while, I loved it. Then month 7 hit, and something strange happened. I wasnt getting high anymore. I remember one weekend, I was determined to get high. I bought a quad, and I smoked the entire thing to myself in one weekend. I didnt even get a little bit high. I wasnt tired, I didnt have the munchies, and Tim and Eric didnt even make me crack a smile.

I said to myself "Ive been smoking entirely too much refer, maybe I need a break."

So I took a break. The next monday, I stopped cold turkey.

Fast forward 4 weeks. I hadnt smoked for an entire month, and I decided that my body would be ready. I went far out of my way to find the best stuff I could get my hands on. Once again, I bought a quad. I smoked the entire thing in one day and was not even remotely high

So I ask you pit. Have I smoked so much weed that it doesnt affect me anymore? Is that even possible?

All this happened to me over a year, every single day of smoking just wasn't giving me the buzz it was before..
Use to pickup an 8th in the day then get a 10 by the night.
After the year i just stopped completely and haven't touched it since.

I Have no idea why though, i never really thought about it.
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Jun 18, 2011,
Quote by BurningStarlV
I think it's fucking hilarious.

I do, too, but in a really dumb way, and it's probably only funny late at night when it comes on. I find a lot of things funny that I normally don't late at night.
Page 1 of 2