Learning a Song is probably one of the most intimidating tasks a musician takes on. It starts off as pure desire and often morphs into pure hell.... Part of the reason is that, as a process, song-learning is a unique experience and everyone goes through it in their own way.

This article was written in the hopes of saving you some (or a lot) of grief by describing good and bad ways to learn a song.

Enjoy, and post any Q's or comm's you have.

-6SV
The listening to the song over and over is spot on,as is doing it sections at a time: You have to learn it off by heart. I wouldn't disagree with any of that.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Motivation plays a hugely important part in song-learning. I often find myself trying to learn a song, and then wondering off to do something else, because i can't find enough reasons to learn it. But not if the song is awesome enough.
Use Audacity to slow down guitar parts, it will make it a lot easier to pick out the notes.
Quote by yoyoyoitcool
Use Audacity to slow down guitar parts, it will make it a lot easier to pick out the notes.

Only done that once, for the first Comfortably Numb solo. Now instead of doing that, I learn the solo in parts.