My JSX sounds nice and all but I can just tell that a retubing would be great for it...since I got it used and haven't had good tubes in it. I play mainly rock, and some prog alt indie styles. I have stock tubes and I don't need any more gain at all. I dont use nearly all of it as it is. But what tubes are gonna make it sound more defined? I can get el34s(stock), kt77s, or 6l6gcs...so which type is the best? Thanks!
Honestly I don't think it's really a matter of which are best, more a matter of which tone you like the best. Stock, they sound like a typical American rock kinda sound. With the 6L6's they are supposed to sound a bit more like a British rock amp. Whatever they sound like, it's really more of a matter of personal taste. I like mine stock.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Honestly I don't think it's really a matter of which are best, more a matter of which tone you like the best. Stock, they sound like a typical American rock kinda sound. With the 6L6's they are supposed to sound a bit more like a British rock amp. Whatever they sound like, it's really more of a matter of personal taste. I like mine stock.

I think you got that a little backwards.

el34 - british flavor
6l6 - american flavor

that's the general consensus anyway.

But changing an amps tubes from say 6l6's to el34's isn't going to turn it into a british amp or vise versa.
Look at Eurotubes.com I'm not a fan of there tubes, but they have a list of all the tubes that will work in the JSX el34/6l6/kt88.. ect.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate