Hello Pit,

What do you think is the best sound proofing material to you?

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Egg cartoons are the cheapest, and funniest looking option, so go with that

They don't actually soundproof anything. They just help deaden sound reflection.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Yeah, but it looks silly, so it's always the best reccomendation

True. glue the eggs in for maximum silliness.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Rockwool RW45 or RW60 insulation.

You will never soundproof it but it will absorb the sound.

Build frames and pack them 4'' - 8'' thick or Cover all your walls in it and lay against it.
Quote by smokeysteve22

Build frames and pack them 4'' - 8'' thick or Cover all your walls in it and lay against it.

wiki'd this and said it was harmful...

Any alternatives?
Quote by gothblade
wiki'd this and said it was harmful...

Any alternatives?

The Book of Mormon. Just trust me.
Quote by due 07
The Book of Mormon. Just trust me.

I know but....that's too expensive.

Though I could get a mormon to live in my wall and then tell him to shut up
Obsidian. You'll have to dig deep underground to find it though. I recommend digging to bedrock and then popping up a bit, then digging straight ahead in search of a cavern. Big caverns typically have obsidian in them. Put it on Peaceful for best results.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by TomusAM
I simply remove all the air from the room.

Ridiculous. Then you are in a vacuum and their will be no sound. He needs to suck the matter out from between his walls. This way, the room is proofed with a vacuum.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by smokeysteve22

Not worth the money.

Get normal insulation and 5/8" sheet rock on both sides of the wall. If possible, make another "wall" like this so that there is a gap between the walls. This combined with resilient channels would make you a room that is too soundproof.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Double-layering drywall or sheet rock is a proven affordable method, though not really soundproof. It will contain most midrange and high frequency sound, but bass frequencies escapes the room easily and loudly. Staggered or doubled studs can improve on this, though it's still not perfect, and at that point you may as well just buy soundproof insulation.

I've seen some pro studios use some ridiculously thick lexan walls, and it seemed to work. Was probably really expensive, though. Bonus is that those walls are now bulletproof, and could probably be used as a zombie shelter.

In the end, most professionals go for sound dampening insulation because that's what works best. In the pro-audio world, function comes before affordability.
Last edited by Seref at Jun 18, 2011,
Quote by Eastwinn
Obsidian. You'll have to dig deep underground to find it though. I recommend digging to bedrock and then popping up a bit, then digging straight ahead in search of a cavern. Big caverns typically have obsidian in them. Put it on Peaceful for best results.

/thread

You win sir. You win.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Eastwinn

Ridiculous. Just pour some water directly on top of some lava and *boom*, obsidian. TS, also remember to bring a diamond pick axe, or else you'll just end up breaking the obsidian.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------