building a guitar in the basic feel of a Les Paul. i want all subdued hardware for it and am having a bear of a time finding a Bigsby B5 style tremolo in a brushed finish.

Any ideas who might produce such an item?
The B5 is pretty subdued already. It's cast aluminum, so if it's too shiny for you out of the box you can 'brush' it yourself with some steel wool. They do patina after a couple of weeks too, so it's not going to be chrome shiny like it appears on the website for long.

You're not going to find a stock bigsby with a brushed finish, they don't make them.
Quote by Roc8995
The B5 is pretty subdued already. It's cast aluminum, so if it's too shiny for you out of the box you can 'brush' it yourself with some steel wool. They do patina after a couple of weeks too, so it's not going to be chrome shiny like it appears on the website for long.

You're not going to find a stock bigsby with a brushed finish, they don't make them.

Doesn't have to be Bigsby... just Bigsbyish... surely i am not the only joe to want non glossy hardwear.

thanks for your feedback.
Yeah, that was the idea. My B7 isn't shiny or glossy at all. Unless you get a gold one, or one of the Fender licensed ones that's chromed, it's going to have a dull matte look to it.

Of course, if it's more about getting one that's actually a brushed finish, and not just one that isn't shiny, that is a different issue. I haven't seen any Bigsby type trems that weren't made or licensed by Bigsby. Between patents and the desire to make 'improved' units with more range of motion, I don't think there's anyone trying to butt in on the Bigsby market.