So, I was lucky enough to get my pick guard signed by the Roger Waters of Pink Floyd. I know most of you will say to leave it off and just get a new PG, however...its a 1968 Gibson Melody Maker, i.e., my only option would be to make my own. Plus, what's the point of having a signed pick guard that is hidden all the time? So, my question is: how can i go about "sealing" the signatures? I was thinking of just finding some very thin, clear acrylic and making a cover to go over the PG? Or maybe lacquer? I'm at a loss here....

Thanks
You can get sprays that will protect it by forming a lyaer of clear gloss over the top, don't know the exact names.
Quote by travistag
Plus, what's the point of having a signed pick guard that is hidden all the time?

I would argue that with this question:

What's the point of getting the pick guard signed, when it's sole function is to take all the abuse?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I'd spray lacquer on it. If you haven't got any lacquer try a hardware store or a hobby store, they usually have that sort of thing for model making. Even then though it will wear down with time, i'd frame it or keep it separate if you really want to preserve it..
take it off and get a cheap replacement and put the autographed one up?
You can buy blank pickguard material and make your own really easy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
well, its sole purpose is not just to take abuse--it holds much of the electronics, as well as providing electric shielding to reduce noise. I dont even play with a pick, so mine doesn't get all that much abuse. In any event, I saw an opportunity to make my guitar more special to me by having one of my favorite musicians of all time sign it.

And alright, I had just heard that lacquer would smear the autograph?
If you're going to spray anything on it do a test first. You wouldn't want the chemicals in the sealer to actually remove the marker. Yes, it happens.
Dude, this is why you always keep silver sparkledy paint pens in your guitar case. You can just paint a clear coat over that.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I would argue that with this question:

What's the point of getting the pick guard signed, when it's sole function is to take all the abuse?

my question exactly
but
that is the lightest thing to take off a les paul