I have an Ibanez Artcore AG75, and when I was restringing it, I realized (I'm no expert) that the bridge is not actually attached to the guitar, but rather held down by the tension of the strings. What is the best way to restring it to maintain the tuning? I realize that if the bridge is not put in the proper place, the string length from bridge-to-nut will be different, so the frets won't necessarily match up and it will sound very out of tune.

Thanks so much!
when you restring a guitar with a floating bridge only change 1 string at a time. can you see where it was on the guitar? maybe a scuff mark ?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by funeralllllllll
you can't put it back in the wrong place it sits on little bolts

This is not a Tune-o-matic. This is a hollowbody bridge, like a Gretsch.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Or check intonation on the E's and put it in the appropriate place.

Just restring one string at a time man. I ran into the same problem.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
You shouldn't need to ask this question. You should know how to check your intonation, it's basic guitar maintenance. When you check the intonation you'll know immediately if the bridge is in the right place or not.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification