He wanted $1,299 for it I offered $1,000 and this morning I was told I got the offer. I know nothing about these guitars or how it plays. the case is included. Is this a good deal? and how is the Mahogany body? compared to a Alder body? I need to make a quick decision. Not sure I wanted a V though I already have a RR Jackson. The guitar looks nice
Attachments:
ESP VII.JPG
Last edited by shredspillers at Jun 18, 2011,
Its a great deal. I have the Ltd 401 and its a very loud and rich sounding guitar. The string through design really makes the tone of this guitar.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Good deal is good
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
wow hmmmm I'm kind of going in circles over here about this. I wonder how it sounds compared to the JH600 I really liked the sound of JH600 IMO it sounded even better than my USA RR Jackson with the same pup. But I would think the VII ESP will be a better guitar the the JH600 its hard when I can't try the guitar before I buy it..
The VII would be a better guitar in pretty much every way
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
even if you dont like how it plays you could sell it and make some profit
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I'm just not sure about the Mahogany body compared to Alder body how much different is the sound. seems like all the really good esp have Alder body? maybe I'm just being to picky I need to make up my mind awwwww the guy is waiting for my answer
Quote by shredspillers
I'm just not sure about the Mahogany body compared to Alder body how much different is the sound. seems like all the really good esp have Alder body? maybe I'm just being to picky I need to make up my mind awwwww the guy is waiting for my answer

****ING BUY IT GOD DAMMIT!!!! Even if you don't like it you can flip it for more money. If you don't buy it I will find you and high five your face for being a moron lol
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Dont stress about wood. ESPs in this range will have great woods regardless of the type.

Think of all your favourite records and guitarists tones, have you ever been able to tell what wood their guitar is made from?

Quality wood is quality wood. This model of ESP is AWESOME, buy it now before someone else does.
Buy it you damn fool.

Mahogany is a very warm, deep sounding wood. Even if you don't like it, buy it and sell it for more.

Seriously, I will find you and slap you senseless if you don't.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

ok ok you guys are right I bought the guitar about an hr ago. I was just hesitating because I was wanting a strat style body with a Kahler 2315 but there's not alot of options out there with that Kahler on it. I'll post more info when the guitar gets here. But on the other hand at first when I 1st started thinking about a 3rd guitar I originally wanted one with out a tremelo on it so maybe this was meant to be. I'm trying to get excited lol. As soon as it's in my hands and plugged into Peavey Triple XXX testing this thing out I'll know. maybe later down the road I can alway drop a Kahler on it. lol hahahaha
Quote by shredspillers
ok ok you guys are right I bought the guitar about an hr ago. I was just hesitating because I was wanting a strat style body with a Kahler 2315 but there's not alot of options out there with that Kahler on it. I'll post more info when the guitar gets here. But on the other hand at first when I 1st started thinking about a 3rd guitar I originally wanted one with out a tremelo on it so maybe this was meant to be. I'm trying to get excited lol. As soon as it's in my hands and plugged into Peavey Triple XXX testing this thing out I'll know. maybe later down the road I can alway drop a Kahler on it. lol hahahaha

I'd go with a floyd over Kahler.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Robbin'TheHood
I'd go with a floyd over Kahler.

Have you ever actually used a Kahler? Be honest
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
thanks guys for kicking my ass and slapping me around I needed it, I think I'm awake now. hehehe I'll keep you posted on the guitar in a week or so. thanks again and if anyone has one of these maybe you can tell me more about them thanks again...
Last edited by shredspillers at Jun 19, 2011,
I've used kahler's since they 1st came out. I have a new 2315 i just put on my Jackson after playing Kahler's since 1984 it's hard to play a Floyd 2 different world's totally I need something solid to rest the palm of my hand on and with out changing the pitch. here's a pic of my 83' USA RR Jackson serial #0202 the 1st batch of RR Jackson I got lucky when I got this guitar in 98' This Jackson doesn't look anything like it did when I got it. But after over 12yrs of playing it I really wanted to get some new hardware on it. This is what I did Schaller Mini Locking Tuners, Carbon Fiber modified the pick guard, new ZW set EMG 81-85 w/18v. mod and a new Kahler Pro Series 2315. Next I will replace the Kahler String Lock with a Floyd Locking Nut. The Kahler String Lock is a really bad design and bad is a understatement. The Jackson is a very low serial # I was a little hesitant to make any mods, but I have all the original parts still if I ever wanted to sell it.
Attachments:
IMG_1734222.jpg
Last edited by shredspillers at Jun 27, 2011,
I'm getting anxious and just watching the days go by my new ESP V II will be hear in 3 days and I can't wait. I hope it's going to have the sound I'm looking for. Oh man is it here yet?!! errrrr!!! I'm really wondering if I should of got the ESP NV instead of the V II the NV is a little more money but that doesn't matter because it's got a Kahler on it. Wondering if I could put a Kahler 2315 on the V II if it would work putting it on with out any trouble from the string thru body on it. I might think about doing it if I can put a flat mount Kahler on it 2315 not the stud mount Kahler 2215 which might be the only one that will work beings how it has a Tom Bridge on it. But it doesn't have a tail stop so I'm not really sure about al of that. Not really even sure I want to modify the guitar though. Maybe I should get a NV also and then I will know what to do. Sorry I'm just thinking out loud here. But anyways 3 days till the ESP V II is here. I'll give a review on it after I have it for a week or so. Since there is no reviews on the ESP V II on this site. I can never make up my mind it drives me crazy!! . review continues this site kicks ass!!
hey thanks for that info I really appreciate it. Well only 2 more days till the new axe comes in. Waiting sucks!! But before I know it it will be here and weeks will go bye. lol it would be nice to speed time up when we want then slow it down when ever you want!! hahahaa
The ESP NV is really nice but I don't really like the inlays on the fret board.
ok just opened the box and it took me about 45min. to open the case I was just too nervous. (I think the real fear was being disappointed after opening the ESP case of a JH600 that I bought a month ago and found alot of flaws on the guitar and had to send it back. But after opening up the case I just can't take my eyes off this thing it is a very nice guitar. Ebay did me right 2nd time around for sure. I haven't even played it yet, I'll probably change the strings before I play it. This thing has 1 very small little surface scratch about 1/4in. long and thats it. No dings no dents nothing, and the fret board looks good also. Look's like who ever owned it took good care of it. I'm very happy now!! I have my eye on another guitar it's a ESP NV-STD w/Kahler 2315 Pro on it guitar is 2yrs old. I think these 2 guitars are pretty simular except for the Bridge and the body woods one Alder and one Mahogany. Just looking at this V-II I'm thinking man I don't want to sell it, it look's too damn nice to get rid off it. But I really want the Kahler. My wife wasn't too happy when this V-II was delivered today. I could just imagine how she would react if another guitar was delivered lol hahahaha!! hmmm oh well .. hey we only live once right!! haha yea! now its time to plug this thing in!
Last edited by shredspillers at Jun 28, 2011,
Im really looking forward to a review of this ESP. ESP guitars are always great. Great buy!
For your sake I hope heaven & hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Guitar & skateboarding. Do what you want.
So... 1 more day I guess?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Looks awesome! How 'd it play?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

it plays really good. I'm still getting used to the smaller length between the frets I'm used to a little bit wider gap from fret to fret. But I will say this thing plays awesome I picked it up and was playing it like I owned it for 6 months or something.. I will say that I liked the extra thin U neck contour of my ESP Jeff Hanneman alot better than the thin U neck contour on this ESP VII. The VII neck is thinner than my 83' RR Jackson not much thinner its like 3mm thinner. But that extra thin U neck was nice. You go from the extra thin U contour neck and get on my RR Jackson and the difference is huge. As far as playing fast shredding stuff this VII kicks ass it really shred's I was amazed how much faster I sounded on it compared to my RRJ. I still need more playing time to give a better review of this thing though. I am going to order the ESP NV-STD today to see how it compares. As far as staying in tune the VII is really good for that I played it for a few hrs last night and a few hrs today and stayed in tune great. I will put some new strings on it tonight because I like the feel of the strings I am used to Ernie Ball Coated Super Slinky w/Titanium Reinforced wraps near the ball of the strings. If you have a Kahler tremelo these strings are awesome the Titanium Reinforced wrap is really good from keeping the wrap from unwinding. So no need to solder the strings before the ball end after you slightly bend the string before the ball end. And for those that have Kahlers this is the right way to set-up when restringing the guitar. Anyways. Yea one thing I didn't like was the out put jack on the guitar is in a place that when you are sitting down and the guitar is between your legs the cord pretty much is taking most of the weight because it sits right on top of your leg. So IMO after months and months of playing sitting down your out put jack may just get loose. The guitar is gorgeous though the pictures really don't say enough of how it looks in person. I will give more review on it later I need to play now
Attachments:
0909.jpg
ok now that I have had a few days to play this gorgeous guitar (and I'm not just saying that because it's mine) I really mean it this thing is one of the nicest guitars I've ever seen and played. It sounds really good.

I have noticed that when playing different songs I have to change some settings some times. But after it's dialed in it's just magic. I did adjust the string height and intonation, but when I 1st had it in my hands it was already playing very nice.

But for me I like taking guitars apart and setting them up myself. + I can learn more about the guitar. Let me say this the fret board on this thing even though the binding doesn't come over the out side of the frets but besides that the fret work and finger board in general is incredible. Not only does it look so cool all black like the rest of the guitar but I'm starting to like the the smaller fret length up and down the neck. I polished this thing up with a Mothers Powerball on a drill.

And WOW it lots better than it did. Having the black paint makes it really easy to see anything that gets on it. The GOTOH locking tuners are very different from the Schaller Mini Locking Tuners I have on my Jackson. And I'm still not sure that I like them yet only changed the strings 1 time so far. I change strings about every 3 weeks. But so far it was kind of a pain in the ass stringing this thing up the Gotoh locking tuners are not your usual locking tuners.

Had a hard time getting the string lock to get tight enuff so it won't slip. So I did what the manual told me not to do and that was to manually tighten the tuner myself with a penny but I did it after I came to the conclusion that they just were not tight enuff on their own, that's when I stepped in and said these thing need to be more tight haha lol. sorry guys I know I'm a talker!!

But anyways I'll have more stuff to talk about later I'm running out of time now. I'm still ordering the ESP NV I hope today sometime those guys aren't doing their job very well and I'm starting to get impatient it's been like 3 or 4 days now. I think I need to make a call to the manager so I can get it done. F those employee's they had their chance oh well!!
Last edited by shredspillers at Jul 2, 2011,
Oh well, you should use paragraphs. Those solid walls of text make my eyes hurt.
anyway, congratz on a fine guitar. Why do you need another one right away, though?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

great guitar man. even better deal. Esp's are, as you now know are very nice. would love to get my hands on a guitar similar to yours someday