I have an Epiphone les paul and the screws keep coming loose and does not stay in tune. The screw for one of the strap holders keeps coming out even after i repaired it (the top one) and now the screw holding the scratchplate on has come loose and the scrathplate can move from side to side by almost an inch. The guitar never stays in tune either, spend half my time tuning it.

Is there any chance it could be fake or am i unlucky and it just happens to have alot of problems. ( its recently been taken to the best guitar workshop in my city and they didnt seem to notice anything.)
What LP model is it?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A very very very mild amount of loctite could prolly solve your loose screws problem. Tuning could be old strings or you have burs on the saddles and/or nut. If it's the latter a little very fine grit sandpaper, then a little bit of lube may solve your problem.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Its an epiphone les paul Standard, so not a fancy high end one, are they prone to problems etc.

How much better are the more expensive ones???

, cos I dont really want to part with my guitar and dont think i could justify having two les pauls, unless one was MUCH better quality than the one i have now
If the screws are coming loose, do this:

1. Find a toothpick
2. Snap it in half
3. Stick it in the hole where the screw is supposed to go.
4. Put the screw back in

It gives the screw new wood to grip on too.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
rub a no2 pencil on the nut groves, this will help lubricate to slots. Your machine heads might be bad if that doesn't work.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I used that toothpick trick for the strap screw (twice) sems to be holding for now.

Also, I recently had the machine haeds replaced by brand new grovers but they did not make any improvements.
I don't want to sound condescending but do you know how to string your guitars properly? Seriously, I've been playing for years and only pretty recently did I find the best way to restring to keep guitars in tune (I use the 'pros' method).

On a side note, I had an Epiphone Les Paul Standard as my first guitar (Korean) and it began to fall apart after 3/4 years.

Lube up the nut slots as the chap above says (this is an easy way of remedying tuning problems).

As for the screws coming loose, such is life. Either use wall-plugs for big holes or the toothpick method. They both do the same thing. For the small screw for the pickguard a bit of woodfiller may be easier. Also make sure the screw on top of the pickguard is in the right place and tight enough etc.
the epiphone nuts are the main culprit it most casestry th pencil.
You arent running a heavy gauge string? Most stock epi nuts are slotted for 10-46 strings, any bigger and they can bind in the nut.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate