Is the body/neck on the affinity series ok for upgrades? i was thinking of doing an ss build, but i'm short on tools at home, as well as time for doing the whole body. i'd sand all of it down and buy dimarzios and slap some new hardware on er etc.. decent idea?
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Fender Spalted Maple Tele
Squier Affinity Tele w.mods
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo + 212 Recto Cab
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I'm in the middle of an Affinity strip and refin, the wood isn't exactly the most beautiful but everything seems sturdy and it was very comfortable to play before hand.

Beware of the miles-thick poly!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
oh no hahah. am i gonna be sanding that mafacka down forever? i did a really thin finish on my homemade bass, made me realize how much thicker most other finishes are. what kind of finish are you planning?
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

Well luckily enough I work at a hotel that is in the middle of some major remodeling, including all of the wooden entertainment centers in each room being hacked in half in refinished. So I just walked up to these guys and explained what I was doing and they're going to mix up whatever color I want!

So, I'm deciding between butterscotch and white. Since the wood is not the prettiest and the poly is being a little redheaded stepchild, I think I'm going to make it completely opaque no matter what.

I've gone through a can and a half of Citristripper, 3 sheets of 150-grit sandpaper, one 320-grit sand sponge, and two synthetic plastic-steel-wool sponges and I'm not quite done. It has been a lot of work, but so much fun!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
oh man, i just took a palm sander to the headstock of my last project.. didnt take long, my plan for this right now is palm sander too. i'm thinkin of throwin a callahan bridge on it, dimarzio true velvet t p/ups, maybe some schallers tuners or somethin. pretty excited. i'll prob do a white finish too... is your maple or rosewood board?
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

Its maple, and its already been tinted and nitro'd. Very vintage-y vibe going for it.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
very nice.. i just got an offer on a Jay Turser tele. anybody with any experience on those?
EDIT http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=278038711 does that look like an affinity to you? the maple neck (he painted the headstock) makes me think ya
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp