Hello!

I study at a music college in Sweden and im planning to buy a new guitar.
I want to be able to play all types of genres but im looking on guitar brands like:

Kramer
Charvel
Hamer
Jackson

I like the 80s guitars but can someone recommend a cheap but good guitar that looks a bit shreddy and has a great overall sound?

Sorry for my bad english
what do you mean by "cheap"?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What do you specifically want?

Quote by RiseTheFallen

I like the 80s guitars but can someone recommend a cheap but good guitar that looks a bit shreddy and has a great overall sound?

Shreddy?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 18, 2011,
More specific im looking into guitars like Kramer Barreta, Jackson Soloist, BC Rich Gunslinger, Charvel model 2, Ibanez Roadstar II Series
Ive played a soloist and it seems "shreddy" to me. I still love the neck of my dean C250. ITs like a wizard neck!.
I'd go for a Jackson Soloist. However, if you really want a versatile guitar... I'd recommend a PRS SE Custom 24... epic beautiful guitars that'll do any genre of music well.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/prs-se-custom-24-electric-guitar/h70029

However, if you can shore up another $200, you can also go for the PRS SE Torrero... that'll be proper sweet. However, you might want to eventually explore passive pups for a more versatile tone.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/prs-se-torero-electric-guitar
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
are you looking used?

i mean new you can get one of those charvel MIJ pro mods for that... might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?