Are there any in particular that I should avoid? I'm looking used, around $300-$500. I'm looking through the Used Gear section at Guitar Center, and I'm finding some pretty nice looking ones for pretty cheap.

I'm looking at S5X0 and S4X0 models, mainly because I'd like a FR and the HSH pickup combo.

I'm assuming that if I choose an S570 or S470, I'll have a pretty nice guitar.

Are there any years of dodgy trems? Most of the S series guitars come with the ZR's, right?

Thanks.
To put it simply, I've yet to come by a trem that's more satisfying than a ZR (my S5470 is equipped with a ZR 2) as their tuning stability is just unbeliveable.

Other people may, of course, have differing opinions on the ZR's features but for me, it's the most reliable so far.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
I have a £2,300 LAG Arkane, and I'm still happy to use my Ibanez S470 on stage for some shows (admittedly when I've been too lazy to change a bust string on main guitar or other such things!).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by Lewadra
To put it simply, I've yet to come by a trem that's more satisfying than a ZR (my S5470 is equipped with a ZR 2) as their tuning stability is just unbeliveable.

Other people may, of course, have differing opinions on the ZR's features but for me, it's the most reliable so far.

This. Love both my S series, can't fault them.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I don't think I'd abuse the trem. I found a S470FM, green with gold hardware for $370 on GuitarCenter.com. I'll keep my eye on it.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT:
@AM

I found an Ibanez S "Custom Japanese" on GuitarCenter.com for $500. It's also green with gold hardware, but it's more of a green burst and has a quilt top.

Crappy photo:
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jun 18, 2011,