Void Meditation Cult(Downtrodden Black Metal ala Beherit,Demoncy and Samael)

http://www.hellsheadbangers.com/vmc/

So from what i can tell this is a continuation of SoA, who had a fantastic demo a little while back. The vocals are a mixture of the Sumerian whispers of Beherit's DDTM and Demoncy's Joined In Darkness and bestial styles by the dude from Manticore. Absolutely evil, crushing and with a huge presence.This band plods along with pummeling force and malice unheard of in most Black/Death. The sparse use of atmospheric ambience throughout the tracks really adds onto the whole package. Highly recommended for any Death/Black maniacs on this forum.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Jeeeeesus that is heavy. Whispered vocals are a bit weak, but still very cool. Im definitely hearing the Demoncy, Beherit and old Autopsy in there!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Great find. I can't listen to it properly yet but once I have my headphones at hand I am going to listen to more.

Where are these guys from?
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Crazed Shredder
Great find. I can't listen to it properly yet but once I have my headphones at hand I am going to listen to more.

Where are these guys from?

Well from what i understand it involves people from Sperm Of Antichrist and Manticore, Ohio. Man Ohio has started to get a roster of killer bands, weird.
Quote by Steve08

Well I sure hope they make an album. This is killer shit.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Why the hell would they end Sperm of Antichrist? Crazy fucks
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Riffmast, this literally could not be closer to what I've been listening to recently. This is perfect. *swoons*

Why is there the alchemical symbol for Brimstone in their logo? Haha
Quote by Deplorable
Didn't see that, I think it's pretty cool.

It does.

Used to be into all the alchemy stuff back in school, so this works for me.
Quote by The Wildchild
Why the hell would they end Sperm of Antichrist? Crazy fucks

Well this band is almost the exact same thing
And alchemy is pretty interesting stuff, never got huge on it but always found it fascinating.

I know this has something to do with Alchemy, what does is mean Sev?.

I really enjoy all the name dropping and symbols of alchemy,vedic mythology,etc. Basically all the nerdy stuff haha, shows that some people are really taking advantage of the spread of online information and discovering some really cool stuff.
Quote by Steve08

I haven't seen the picture before, but I've seen the dragon and those are the seven stars..

From what I understand, the dragon circling that is Ouroborous (sp?) and it is essentially representative of a life/death cycle; Cycle of renewal.

From further reading...

It's in latin supposedly, a quick translation leads to *starting from volatile and moving clockwise*

The birds
higher
the deep
lower
fixed
The depth x3

As for the inner words,

animalia - animals
vegetabilia - vegetables
terra - the land
mare - the sea
duplicata - duplicate

I couldn't read the top one in the star of David.

I can only assume that it describes the endless cycle of life for the Earth, and that is apparently dependent on the seven stars. As for the latin words surrounding the circle, I have no idea

http://home.comcast.net/~taoistresource/art_7stars.htm
Fascinating, if i can figure the whole thing out i may make that part of my tattoo i have planned.
Quote by Steve08

Riffmast,

Quote by zoobyshoe
"Fixum" below, "Volatile" above: suggests they're describing a continuum from immutable to mutable things.

Inside the circle: male on the left, female on the right. A yin/yang sort of dichotomy.

I see: animalia, vegetabilia; mare, terra. Animal, vegetable, sea, earth. I'm sure their positions in the "Star of David" imply something about their relationship to each other.

"Abyssus" just about everywhere outside the circle. It means "depths", "hell", "chaos". (On the right the abyss has some sort of superior and inferior aspect, it seems. ? ) Anyway, things inside the circle are probably structured, coherent things, while outside is unfathomable chaos.

As I said it looks like a "copy" of such a chart. There's something more, say, 16th, 17th, 18th century about it. Maybe the integral-like S's.

I asked over on another forum I use, and this was his answer.

Take a look at this as well, posted under the name of Evo
Last edited by severed-metal at Jun 19, 2011,
Sweet thanks!
Quote by Steve08

See, Sperm Of Antichristarkness And Blight. It's not out yet so i doubt it.
Quote by Steve08

It's me using a buzzword, and yes lol.
Quote by Steve08

It's just a word to describe things that sounds cool and has little more than decorative meaning.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
See, Sperm Of Antichristarkness And Blight. It's not out yet so i doubt it.

Will do, cheers man.
No problem
Quote by Steve08

Oh yeah for sure,it just isn't a technical term haha.
Quote by Steve08