I'm very new to drumming and I'm beginning to practice blasts alternating between snare / hihat and kick drum at 16th notes and I'm getting tired of blasting away to a metronome click. So I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions for songs with blast beats that aren't ridiculously fast, preferably nothing over 120 bpm at this point.
I'm going to continue looking for some good ones and of course any suggestions are much appreciated!
im not very into blast beat kind of music, but i doubt there are many songs with blast beats at 120 bpm.
Quote by Ih5g
im not very into blast beat kind of music, but i doubt there are many songs with blast beats at 120 bpm.

there are
if you just slow them down to 50% then youll be playing it
practice it real slow and work up from there
itll help you in the longrun
better plan. play less blast beats because they are boring. i encourage you to expand to better more useful techniques as people will value you as a drummer more
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Like dbeat
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by 6stringsin
better plan. play less blast beats because they are boring. i encourage you to expand to better more useful techniques as people will value you as a drummer more

I love opinions, don't you?

Thanks for the suggestions but Lotus Eater is still wayyy too fast for me anyway lol. Think I'm gonna jam along to Altar of Sacrifice by Slayer until I can play it clean in my sleep. I guess this thread can die now..
Quote by TV-Casualty
I'm very new to drumming and I'm beginning to practice blasts alternating between snare / hihat and kick drum at 16th notes and I'm getting tired of blasting away to a metronome click. So I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions for songs with blast beats that aren't ridiculously fast, preferably nothing over 120 bpm at this point.
I'm going to continue looking for some good ones and of course any suggestions are much appreciated!
Those aren't blast beats. Those are skank beats.

Anyway... Slaughter of the Soul by At the Gates or Ridden With Disease by Autopsy.

Also, I would recommend playing your blasts/skanks on the ride or using your left hand to play the hi-hat (this is difficult but very worth it). Your snare will be much louder in either scenario compared to crossing over.
Quote by Steve08
Those aren't blast beats. Those are skank beats.

Anyway... Slaughter of the Soul by At the Gates or Ridden With Disease by Autopsy.

Also, I would recommend playing your blasts/skanks on the ride or using your left hand to play the hi-hat (this is difficult but very worth it). Your snare will be much louder in either scenario compared to crossing over.

There are no blast beats in this song.

Thank You Pain by The Agonist has some pretty slow blasts. Their drummer's not very good, so you'll probably be able to do it. An easy way do blast beats, is to use your strong hand (right if you're a righty) and use that to hit the snare, doing 16th notes, and use your offhand to hit the hit hat, ride, tom, whatever, as eighth notes. That's very easy way to get more or less that proper blasting sound.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at Jun 19, 2011,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJme5uubkyQ

The beat at 0:09 isn't a skank beat (aka half time blast beat)? Right...

Also, you're talking about the easy-mode hammer blast (from what I can tell). There's a lot more blasts than that and anybody trying to get good at blasting should practice all of them.
Quote by TV-Casualty

You might want to learn Deicide - bible basher. The blasts are pretty slow it's a good starter song for blasting. bible basher
Frantic Disembowlment by Cannibal Corpse is a good one to start with.

Also pretty much anything by Quo Vadis is at 120. Silence calls the storm is a good one (the verse has a blast beat)