Page 1 of 2
My friends dad wants to sell one of these babies. This isn't the exact guitar, but it is the same make/model and color. Its an original Fender Semi-Hollow Starcaster.

http://www.vintage-guitars.se/1975_Fender_Starcaster_710773.jpg

I absolutely love playing this thing, but my friends dad is dead set on selling it. I told him not to sell because its sexy. He said "It is quite the looker" in a sarcastic tone and then said he'll sell another one of his guitars instead if I could get 25 other guitar players to agree with me that it is indeed a sexy guitar. So far I only have 4.

So do YOU think this guitar is sexy?
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Yes.

So much yes.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

A nice sunburst Starcaster is one of my dream guitars. Ever since I first laid eyes on one a couple of years ago I've been completely, indescribably smitten.

Like... how much is he asking for it? Depending on how much he's asking I'll buy that shit from him right the fuck now if I can scrounge some money together. I'm dead serious.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jun 18, 2011,
Ahhh! Guitar-gasm! How much, how much, how much.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

oh hell yeah.
how can he even think about selling that?!?
I unfortunately have no idea how much he is selling it for...he has a buyer lined up but the guy is very indecisive. The guy doesn't know whether he wants the Starcaster or some 60's (70's?) ES-335. I really have no clue. All I know is that I love the Starcaster!
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
Quote by Ih5g
oh hell yeah.
how can he even think about selling that?!?

I think he needs the money to contribute to a new car. Or a vacation. Or something. I'm not sure.
Quote by JAHellraiser
Okay I have 15 so far. Keep them coming!
Quote by JAHellraiser
If that guitar was a woman, I'd marry it.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Wow. Sexy.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Oh yes.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
meh I don't know wether to hate it or love it, it just has thatkinda vibe to it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Let's put it this way. If that were a women, I lie her down by the fire and **** her gently
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
No, but your mum is
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Dude, semi hollows aren't really my thing. But that guitar is sexy.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by kangaxxter
If that guitar was a woman, I'd marry it.

If that guitar was a man and it was legal in my state, I'd marry it.
If the pickups and other wiring and electrical parts are still original and untouched then that is worth severel thousand. Five figures for sure. Great guitars.
I would probably put a strat neck on it, but the body is cool looking for sure.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Damn Sexy!
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by grohl1987
If the pickups and other wiring and electrical parts are still original and untouched then that is worth severel thousand. Five figures for sure. Great guitars.

The Starcaster can fetch a pretty penny when sold to the right person, but five figures? Unless you're talking about something other than USD, no way. If it were a pristine example, I'd say maybe six or seven grand tops. But five figures is pushing it big time.

They've never been as popular or as collectible as other vintage Fenders, not least of all because they were produced during the CBS era, and they're very unusual for Fenders, with an atypical appearance (lol dong headstock)... but I still hold out hope that someday, some magnificent Fender executive will press for a reissue.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jun 18, 2011,
Quote by Flying Couch
The Starcaster can fetch a pretty penny when sold to the right person, but five figures? Unless you're talking about something other than USD, no way. If it were a pristine example, I'd say maybe six or seven grand tops. But five figures is pushing it big time.

They've never been as popular or as collectible as other vintage Fenders, not least of all because they were produced during the CBS era, and they're very unusual for Fenders, with an atypical appearance (lol dong headstock)... but I still hold out hope that someday, some magnificent Fender executive will press for a reissue.
I've seen a mint one being listed for $11,000 USD and I've seen a couple more go for €9,000 which I think translates to something like $13,000 USD. They are rarer outside of the US though of course.
yes, keep it
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Beautiful guitar in my opinion.
League of Legends - Shieldelf

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
We can't wait for you to pull it out Chuche.
Oh man that guitar is the pinnacle of sexy.

your friends dad is fucking nuts for wanting to sell it.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Jun 19, 2011,
Page 1 of 2