So this is a continuation of my previous thread. I played a friends MIM strat yesterday and loved it. Im definitely getting a strat now. my only problem is which one to get haha. Ive narrowed it down to these, which are all in my price range

Used MIJ Squire strat, supposed to be high quality stuff
Used MIM SSS Strat. Cheap and i can get them in a wide range of colors
Used Deluxe Players strat. I love the versatility that the push button would give me
Used Classic Players 60/50s Strat. could prolly get the tone i want and i LOVE the color options available

here are some links:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-deluxe-players-stratocaster-electric-guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-classic-series-60s-stratocaster-electric-guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-classic-series-50s-stratocaster-electric-guitar

the tones im looking to SOMEWHAT emulate are John Mayers Strat tone, John Frusciantes, and Buddy Guy. ALso, if it could handle music and the Chevelle heaviness range that would be great too so i can use it live. obviously ill be using a noise gate. So which do you guys see being the best value? thanks!
best bet is to try them out and see which you like best. the MIJ one may be the best one on the list. chances are you will end up swapping out the pickups for better ones which will get you what you want tone wise. bear in mind tht the players you mentioned all have custom model strats so a regular one isn't going to nail any of their tones perfectly (not to mention the differences in their amp choices).
yes, i realize that i wont nail the tones, but this isnt my main genre so im not planning to spend a load of money. i want something to get me in the park of what i want, at least close enough for some decent covers.so the quality on the MIJ Squier is good?
Quote by shecter guy
yes, i realize that i wont nail the tones, but this isnt my main genre so im not planning to spend a load of money. i want something to get me in the park of what i want, at least close enough for some decent covers.so the quality on the MIJ Squier is good?

hmm.. didn't realize it was a Squier. they are indeed very good quality however they have 7.25" radius necks which you may have a tough time getting used to. most newer non re-issue (and even many of them) have 9.5 " radius fingerboard which play better in my opinion. any of the models you mentioned are pretty decent. depends on what specs you want. do you prefer a maple neck or a rosewood?
i kind of prefer a maple neck for a strat but all the guitars ive had have had rosewood fretboards
OK then eliminate the options that don't have maple fingerboards. honestly there isn't any big differences between the models you mentioned. go with the one you like best. with any of them you'll probably want to do a pickup swap to get better tones. i prefer Lace Sensors myself (figure you'll ask) check out their site for info.
i dont think im going to go for a pickup swap. Im looking for something tthat will get me reasonably close to those sounds because its something ive started playing and you cant really get a strat tone out of a schecter with EMGs haha
The deluxe player's strat is a good one, looks nice and plays good too
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by shecter guy
i dont think im going to go for a pickup swap. Im looking for something tthat will get me reasonably close to those sounds because its something ive started playing and you cant really get a strat tone out of a schecter with EMGs haha

well then you'll have to up the budget. a US standard or deluxe will get you way closer. while most of the models you mentioned are good strats the pickups tend to be the one thing that holds them back from being great. you can get close with them but a lot of it would depend on the amp used. yeah it's tough to get a strat sound out of a strat with EMGs let alone something else
haha well i cant really stretch my budget anymore. $600 max is as high as i can go. As ive said, this is more to play around with so its really hard for me to justify getting a MIA strat. If i was a straight blues player mybe but since its something im doing on the side..i want something above Squier level but not going MIA
Damn this thread, made my GAS worse
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
haha im sorry man. If it makes you feel any better i wont get mine til october so i think im going to go for the 50s strat. What are the pros and cons you have noticed if you have played one?
well that depends. Are you talking about the classic PLAYERS or the classic SERIES because you said player but linked to the series. if you mean classic series 50s I can tell you about it.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
well all things considered i'm thinking MIM Strat. the 50s Strat you mentioned is ok but nothing special and not really worth the extra bucks in my book. play a few to find the good one as when you do find a good one they can be almost up to a US level. i'll also say don't be so quick to dismiss going for a US strat. you might just find that once you start playing a strat that you really like it. up until a few years ago i was all about floyds and humbuckers now i prefer single coils and don't own any guitars with floyds. you never know
ooooh thats my bad. Apparently i dont know my Fender models haha. I meant the Classic Series. The reason its on the list is i like the option to have a maple fretboard, which im still undecided on, and as i said i love the color options available. I want something besides red, black or sunburst. Im trying to avoid typical colors and colors everyone around here has. It might sound stupid but aesthetics are important to me
Quote by shecter guy
ooooh thats my bad. Apparently i dont know my Fender models haha. I meant the Classic Series. The reason its on the list is i like the option to have a maple fretboard, which im still undecided on, and as i said i love the color options available. I want something besides red, black or sunburst. Im trying to avoid typical colors and colors everyone around here has. It might sound stupid but aesthetics are important to me

MIMs come in different colors but honestly a guitar that plays great and sounds great is way more important than the color. no one will remember you for the color of your guitar if your playing isn't up to par. my main strat isn't my first choice color wise (black with while pickguard) but it plays and sounds fantastic.