Looking from advice from you guys.

The problem is that when im bending strings the other strings seem to catch under my fingernails and when releasing the bend it rings out, completely ruining licks etc.

just wondering if its a problem with my hand positioning, i kinda play about in all positions whether sitting on the floor, on sofa or lying down but this even occurs when i sit properly.

Any of you encounter this? and if so how did you remedy it?

Cheers
I just cut my nails. That did it.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
ya you should be keeping your nails short. make sure you're muting technique is good too to stop any unwanted noise, even if the strings do catch under ur nails
One thing you might try to do is to get the fingers doing the bending under the strings you're not playing. Actually lifting them out of the way.
Once mastered, this pretty much eliminates extra noises, and if you're strong enough, allows deeper bends.
One thing you might try to do is to get the fingers doing the bending under the strings you're not playing. Actually lifting them out of the way.
Once mastered, this pretty much eliminates extra noises, and if you're strong enough, allows deeper bends.

Yeah i'll give this a try, i feel im at the stage of playing where im building my repertoire of techniques, never had any tuition or anything im a youtube student.

Also, yeah my nails are always well trimmed, a habit i picked up from stopping myself biting my nails.

Cheers guys, if anyone else has any little tips or tricks, i'd appreciate hearing them (not just for bends, just help a late bloomer)

Krist