So I've been reading a lot today and for the last month a lot of people recommend Jet City Amplification.

Many people have been recommending this brand because of versatility and $, but how great is this brand?
well it is made in china, but its circutry is designed by mike soldano arguably one of the best modern amp guru's. So basicly you are getting some thing tonaly very similar to his amps which start at @$1400 for $250. From what I have heard there customer service is really good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
On a scale of "one" to "great," it's probably about a seven.

What exactly are you looking for that makes an amp "great" for you? I have the JCA20h and it is well made and sounds good for overdriven rock on its own. You can get into metal territory with a boost or OD, and it could probably keep up with a band (but don't expect it to be clean).
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Robbgnarly
well it is made in china, but its circutry is designed by mike soldano arguably one of the best modern amp guru's. So basicly you are getting some thing tonaly very similar to his amps which start at @$1400 for $250. From what I have heard there customer service is really good.

Recently i read the clean isn't as superb. Is this true?
The 50 or 100 watters would stay clean, but they are voiced differently than the 20 watt. It depends on what you want it for.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
No if your talking fender/vox clean no its not but is is a diecent clean that you can deff work with. If your playing with a full band the cleans are gonna have a little "dirt", but you don't have the head room of a 100 watt head.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Got one on... Friday? Ya, that day, sure. It stayed too clean for me, got a few new pedals today and now it's an amazing amp. On a Les Paul with a P90 neck, 5 at treble, 6 mids, 7.5 bass (or something like that) will make it sound pretty acoustic if you balance the gain and volume controls right and mess with the tone knob. Take what you will from that, sorry if it's not the best advice.

Talking about the 20W head with the 1x12 cab that you can get as a halfstack. It gets pretty gritty with low volume and high gain, the cheap-o DeltaLab Tube Drive (think it's going for $40 at GC, if you own a tube amp BUY IT) can boost it to GNR Mama Kin levels of distortion (trying to give examples) on any guitar really (tried with a few).

Yes, that's an insane amount of parentheses.
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Jun 19, 2011,
They have something to do with whitebox cabs as well, which are full of awesome, and made in kentucky. the jet city amps that i have played are very tasty for the price.
Quote by 3rdPerspective
Recently i read the clean isn't as superb. Is this true?

Depends on the wattage of the amp. Watts determines clean headroom most of the time. The 20 watt amp will have very little clean headroom. 50 and 100 will each have more.

I actually kinda like the clean tones from the JCA100HDM. Sparkly, but can have big bottom.
Quote by barden1069
On a scale of "one" to "great," it's probably about a seven.

Dude, you've not specified your scale.

Is is a seven on a scale of 8? a scale of 9? a scale of 100?

Also what is one? Awesome? Marginal not as great as great?

The cleans on the JCA20 can be rather *meh* depending on how clean you like your cleans. Don't expect a Fender Twin Reverb clean. The JCA's clean can be somewhat gritty and can sound to some like its always on the edge of breakup.

If you think of it as a single channel rock amp for overdriving. If you can wait for the JCA22, is a two channel amp vs the JCA20 which is single channel.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I was with a friend when he tried a 20 watt Jet City, and compared it to a Vox Night Train and an Orange Tiny Terror. All three were playing through the Night Train speaker. None of them got great cleans, but the Jet City and Vox both had better clean than the Orange. The Orange slaughtered them both on overdrive, though.
My friend went with the Vox, because it was the best all rounder, and was better for the punk that he plays. But it all depends on personal taste. I could recommend any of the three amps to anyone, and the prices are all nice.
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
Outstanding amps in general. Phenominal amps for the price.
mojostompboxes.com