I'm a beginner, practicing electric guitar for a couple months. I'm still having difficulty switching chords quickly. Are there some techniques or exercises I can use?
1. metronome.
2. 70 bpm.
3. switch between chords on the beat. don't speed up until you have it nailed. when you think you have it nailed, you haven't, so keep going.
4. raise bpm by 10 bpm till you can do it at 120 or so.
5. repeat.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
1. metronome.
2. 70 bpm.
3. switch between chords on the beat. don't speed up until you have it nailed. when you think you have it nailed, you haven't, so keep going.
4. raise bpm by 10 bpm till you can do it at 120 or so.
5. repeat.

this, if you're boring. (i joke, it's a good exercise. it will be dead boring though.)

try learning chord changes by learning new songs. practice them slowly, and slowly slowly gradually build up speed for each change.

its just a matter of building up finger dexterity together with the specific muscle memory for each change. ha.
call me ziggy.
do the CHORD parts from stairway to heaven start slow then build speed never cheat your way out of a chord,it'll make you sound like a jackass.
Quote by earthisearthis
try learning chord changes by learning new songs. practice them slowly, and slowly slowly gradually build up speed for each change.

Pretty much this. Worked wonders for me.
The best way is by starting out with chords that have very similar fingerings. By learning chords this way, you actually rewire your brain to think of chords as shapes rather than fingerings. You can then begin to play more and more complex chords and easily move between them.
Quote by xcherrykatiex
I'm a beginner, practicing electric guitar for a couple months. I'm still having difficulty switching chords quickly. Are there some techniques or exercises I can use?

You don't need any special exercise for chord changes. You simply need to practice chord changes is tempo that you can manage. In 2-3 months, you won't have a problem with this, but you must practice regularly