Hello there I'm thinking of modding my 6 year old Squier. I'm thinking about changing the pickups, tuners, pickguard, and maybe putting in a new bridge. Now I'm wondering if it would worth doing all this or just buying a new guitar. Also I'm thinking about getting it custom painted to have the Beatles Revolver album cover on it.
If you're just looking for something to play then it might not be worth it. If you're getting into lutherie and want to practice refretting then its worth monkeying with.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Radtastic89
Hello there I'm thinking of modding my 6 year old Squier. I'm thinking about changing the pickups, tuners, pickguard, and maybe putting in a new bridge. Now I'm wondering if it would worth doing all this or just buying a new guitar. Also I'm thinking about getting it custom painted to have the Beatles Revolver album cover on it.
Go for it! You'll learn a lot of stuff through modding, specially if you already like how the neck feels/plays.

Quote by Ippon
Go for it! You'll learn a lot of stuff through modding, specially if you already like how the neck feels/plays.

if you like the neck do it, I modded an ltd EC-50 because I liked how the neck felt, now it feels and sounds awesome. looks like shite though
well, do the math. figure out what the new parts will cost you and, if you cannot do the work yourself, figure out what the labour will cost you. then compare that to what the guitar is roughly worth. that should give you some sense of what you're doing

i personally don't think its a good idea. as much as modding is fun and a great learning experience, it has very unreliable results. I would suggest that you invest in a new instrument (something better).
Well I did the math and I think i should just get a new guitar. I was thinking about getting a Squier Teli Custom 2 and just having that repainted.
It's like a friend of mine once said, and I quote, "Putting nice parts on a cheap guitar is like an ugly chick getting a boob job. Nice hardware, but it doesn't help anything in the long run..." Hahaha Nah dude all jokes aside, it'd be cheaper to get a new one.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by Radtastic89
Well I did the math and I think i should just get a new guitar. I was thinking about getting a Squier Teli Custom 2 and just having that repainted.

I would try to aim higher than a squire. as much as a good squire will be better than the one you have now, it won't be the best guitar for your buck.

my advice would be to set a budget and go to a shop and play stuff. figure out what you liked and what you didn't. then, based on your newly acquired knowledge, you'll be able to do the necessary research to get yourself something you'll really like