Hey everyone,

Normally when it comes to broken guitars I can fix about anything that's wrong. But this time I was changing the strings on my guitar and I just noticed that the bottom of the fret marker is coming out.

So what should I do to take care of this? Leave it, fill it, bring it to a pro? Anything?
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
From my experience, most fret markers are glued in with crazy glue. If you can pop out the whole thing, clean it up and reglue it, it'll be golden. Just don't use too much glue - you don't want it oozing out after you tape the marker back in.

Is that thing inset, or is it just on the surface???
Its inset you can push it back down, but it pops out.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Last edited by King of King V at Jun 18, 2011,
Quote by KG6_Steven
See if you can remove the entire marker, then use crazy glue to reattach it.

Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
I tried to remove the whole thing but the rest is in there pretty tight, and I don't want to use force and break something.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Try to lift up just that side of it and get a dab of glue under there
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
You should be able to glue it back in just fine.

Next time you polish your frets, don't use clear sticky tape, use blue painters tape if you can get it, or just normal masking tape, but stick it to some cloth first (like a t-shirt). If the tape is too sticky, like the clear tape almost always is, it can lift the finish, or leave residue, but masking tape won't.