Page 1 of 3
So imagine your on a train right.

You can walk forward because you're a total baller and such. Therefore we can say that being carried inside of something that's moving a certain speed, you can increase the speed you are actually going at by running on said train. This does not require adding more energy to the train.

So like

What if you had a train in your train with a train in your train, or like a particle collider in your particle collider. Couldn't you make shit go really fast doing this.

You could right.

So like

This makes going faster than light very simple all we need is the biggest train in the world. If we get enough trains inside of our trains we will eventually be going at faster than light.

This is of course assuming we aren't complete idiots and buy the kind of trains that are really just a big circle.

inb4 I put an x in your x so you could x while x

EDIT: This thread has has no purpose and no amount of bolding will be a good enough disclaimer to make you not read it
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Last edited by King_Arthur at Jun 18, 2011,
I didn't see a single question to answer in this post.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
No.
Quote by metal4eva_22
Nothing can go faster than the speed of light.

Besides the hypothetical Tachyon.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Jun 18, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan
A train within a train?

Yea you have a train going around in circles INSIDE the bigger train. Therefore going twice the speed if it's just as powerful as the original train. Which it is of course.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.

Can't go faster, let alone reach the speed of light.

Also, why stop at trains? Why not put a planet in a planet, so you can orbit while you orbit?
Last edited by Baby Joel at Jun 18, 2011,
Learn to Relativity.

As velocity approaches the speed of light, energy approaches infinity. Thus nothing can go faster than the speed of light. Despite your vector additions.
You can always find a place to go if you can keep your sanity
Quote by Baby Joel
screw the image
Can't go faster, let alone reach the speed of light.

Also, why stop at trains? Why not put a planet in a planet, so you can orbit while you orbit?

You are of course correct.

Being on a faster planet makes all of this entirely more possible.

For best results please use black holes.

Also, for all you negative nancys, I couldn't fly 100 years ago so the only logical conclusion is that 100 years from now I can move faster than light.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by KG6_Steven
So like, just how long is this train?

Really big
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by King_Arthur
This does not require adding more energy to the train.

It requires adding more energy to the system train+person running on the train for the original train's speed to be maintained.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
This.

Bitch I say inb4 and you just walk in and jizz on my thread with your crap
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by StewieSwan
A train within a train?

BBBBBAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (Inception)

But when you speed start to speed up in the train, you're slowing the train down too. Newton's laws brah. So the first train still has to have all that energy.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Quote by damian_91
It requires adding more energy to the system train+person running on the train for the original train's speed to be maintained.

No.

This is of course because we are accelerating something of lower mass on board of something with more mass and inertia

gg
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by King_Arthur
No.

Yes.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Well, it doesn't matter how long it is. The speedometer of the train within the train within the train within the train would still read the actual speed of the train withing the train within the train within the train. In other words, the speed of this train to the 4th power, relative to the train of the first power is still its own groundspeed. This can be proven with the fly theory.
I do what I want

fuck you guys, I got trains to build.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Don't know if anyone has said this, and I recognise that your OP is not being serious.

But I'd just like to throw it out here. Superluminal travel will warp spacetime. Not sure why, but apparently it does. And as you approach C, drag increases infinitely, so the amount of energy required to accelerate increases infinitely.

TL;DR I just ruined a well-meaning thread with srz disczn.
Can I be on a train left?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by metal4eva_22
Nothing can go faster than the speed of light.

As of now, theoretically it could happen.

I can guarantee the japaneze will do it

And to your theory, how can you have a train inside a train? It would never work but yeah, the velocity would increase but i think you would have serious amounts of resistance added on with the faster you move.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
In other news I have decided that light is actually a meta-positively charged particle where as other particules and such are positive (we are using positive and negative as metaphors here, or something) and that is why light gtfo's so quick whenever it goes anywhere.

Liquids have thrown a temporary wrench in the plan for now so I will not make a new thread about it yet.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Wait wait...i train...inside a train...inside a train? Trainception?
Quote by King_Arthur
Really big

Yeah, I get that a lot.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Quote by guitarskater11
You'll only go as fast as the outermost thing.....You will never pass it

You obviously missed the entire OP.

imagine this square is a circle

_
|l
-

You may also have to pretend that it is a square before you can pretend the prior.

You put trains inside. This trains are smaller, require less energy to move than the original train, and therefore can move faster than the original train could by itself.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by Dio10101
TS is a physics major who likes to get stoned during the summer?

A physics major wouldn't be stupid enough to think anything can travel faster than the speed of light.
Quote by vicarious46
Can I be on a train left?

I'm lost could you show me to the part of the train where people answer questions.

No, because the train is too busy being full of other ****ing trains.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by Erik_Aero
A physics major wouldn't be stupid enough to think anything can travel faster than the speed of light.

you never know

It's possible if you believe
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Well, it doesn't matter how long it is. The speedometer of the train within the train within the train within the train would still read the actual speed of the train withing the train within the train within the train. In other words, the speed of this train to the 4th power, relative to the train of the first power is still its own groundspeed. This can be proven with the fly theory.

Woah woah woah.

We don't care about spedometers where I come from

If we made my assumptions, the train would be going faster as far as actually moving through a defined set of space.

I could have have read what you said wrong.

Speaking of flying. If we flew airplanes around inside of our airplanes..
John Petrucci

The one and only god.

ITT: TS is high and arguments about the speed of light are about to happen.
pinga
Page 1 of 3