for the past 3 months whenever i play my bass i get this really bad pain/numbness in my right wrist but also around my arm and hand. so recently i've been playing almost exclusively with a pick and i never get the feeling. today i tried fingerstyle for a little and the same feeling came back. i also noticed i can't play fingerstyle as fast as i used to and my hand/wrist gets really tired. i'm honestly thinking about just quitting it all but i still love playing bass and it's really one of the only hobbies i have.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
You're gonna die, TS
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Fassa?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
GO TO A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will make you feel better TS:

I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
But seriously... how did you go from "Hey, this pain in my arm is getting annoying" to "I should ask the pit for advice!"?
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
That's a bit of a worry. Maybe you sprained something? Get it checked out. And whatever you do, DON'T QUIT BASS.

I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful. ~Author Unknown
i'm gonna get an xray for it sometime next week.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
lole'd at the first two replies

Also TS you might just have bad form, though i don't think i've heard of it causing problems that fast. Maybe arthritis?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
lole'd at the first two replies

Also TS you might just have bad form, though i don't think i've heard of it causing problems that fast. Maybe arthritis?

This.

Or carpal tunnel?
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Probably a combination of poor technique and/or playing for extended periods without proper warm up exercises.

The best way to solve it is to sit down with your bass and extend your right hand down to just below your belt. You'll probably find your hand has slipped into your pocket, this is fine, just gradually close your hand into a fist. You'll find a wallet in your grip. Take this and use it to buy a new amp.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Stop jacking it so much?
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
It may be some type of nerve entrapment, as the same thing happened in my left hand after extended periods of practising with poor technique. Pretty much just take a break for a while, let it heal up, let the numbness go away, and ease back into playing, fixing any errors in technique you have.

Then again, you could also have a developing heart attack, or a rare flesh-eating bacteria that's so obscure you've probably never even heard of it. The only way to know is to check up with a doctor, yo.
Your arm is slowly turning inside-out, TS. It's a horrible syndrome. My apologies that you have it.
You're arm has became lame. Saw it off with a chisel.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I'm sorry to inform you of this, but you're going to have to start tapping with your left arm for a bit.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by migueltherocker
But seriously... how did you go from "Hey, this pain in my arm is getting annoying" to "I should ask the pit for advice!"?

This and go see a doctor the goof balls on UG in the pit can't help you with a medical problem
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
rub dirt on it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
The music gods are sending you a message that you're not a real musician and should quit bass to learn kazoo. Follow their wisdom.