I am in the process of recording an album for the first time using Garage Band and have two songs that I have concerns about; one is an intro to the song while the second is the song itself. What I want to do is have these two songs blend right into each other without a gap or crossfade. I googled this and although I couldn't find an answer, I did find out that it's something that is set up during the mastering/post-production stage. Can someone help me out here please? Thanks!
Can't you just record it as one take and then cut the intro off later? The gap will then be an issue of what player is playing the songs, but if it's set for not gap and they are right after each other, it should sound pretty continuous.

Another option would be to have a natural stop in the song where the intro ends, for instance a rest or a note that's held until it dies down to nothing. That way you could record it in two takes easily without anything seeming wrong.
Last edited by Warrior47 at Jun 19, 2011,
Quote by Warrior47
Can't you just record it as one take and then cut the intro off later? The gap will then be an issue of what player is playing the songs, but if it's set for not gap and they are right after each other, it should sound pretty continuous

This

Its really hard to do a gapless song without doing it in one take. Doable but a lot easier this way
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp